September 2012 Moms

Daily intake?

I usually don't post this stuff because I think we're doing pretty good with DS and his food/formula intake BUT I just got an e-mail from the Bump about foods (37 week email.) It said to limit their intake to 16-24 oz of formula day and if they want more to offer water. Now isn't their main source of nutrients supposed to be formula until 1 year? He currently gets 3.5 oz of fruit or veggie at each meal along with cheerios and some table scraps from what we eat. He also gets about 30 oz of formula per day. Is this too much? We don't have his 9 month appt until June 24th.

What is everyone else doing? Sorry if this was posted recently!

Re: Daily intake?

• hmp1hmp1 member

I think it was Toni that brought this up when C turned 37 weeks. Most of the babies on this board are drinking more than that. I suggest not reading those emails.

Leo drinks about 30oz of formula a day. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• My pedi specifically told me NOT to limit or decrease formula until 1 year. He agrees with the mantra that "food before 1 is just for fun" and the bulk of their nutrition, vitamins, etc. should still be coming from formula.

You can always call and ask if you don't want to wait until the 9 month appointment, but I would say that if he wants 30 oz a day, let him eat 30 oz. Unless his growth is off the charts (high) and your pedi tells you to cut it down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • PokedotPokedot member

imagemrssqueegy:
    The Bump emails spew the worst sh!it.  That is entirely incorrect.

And now I stop worrying! I was freaking out! I thought about his weight gain and now that he's moving constantly he's tapered off a bit and isn't gaining really or losing! THANK YOU! I'll go back to thinking we're doing a perfect job!  Thanks!

• imagemrssqueegy:

And....this. 

• BPerBPer member

DD is eating between 26-30oz per day, plus about 8oz of fruits/veggies/yogurt and any puffs, Cheerios, table scraps, etc.

Our 9mo appt is the 26th, and I don't plan to reduce her formula intake unless she starts doing it herself, or the pedi advises to cut back and increase solids. 

• That sounds low. I'd go by what your DS seems content with. DD takes in about 24 oz. of breastmilk a day, and she has always been on the lower end of the feeding scale.

• Ethan gets between 28-30 oz a day. Some days a little less, some (far and few between) a little more.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• On average, DS takes about 25 oz a day.  Sometimes it's 22, sometimes it's 30. Once in a while he has an 18oz or 31 oz day.  He also takes about 3.5-4.5 oz of purees 3x a day plus cheerios/puffs, etc.

• DD drinks approximately 25 to 30 oz of breastmilk and 6 to 8 oz of solids. She gets a sippy of water when she eats solids, but she mostly uses it as a teether. Ignore bump email. That's stupid advice.
  • imagemrssqueegy:

This

My pedi says at minimum 24oz and he's even "ehhh" on the fact my kid only drinks 24. He wants me to be sure to offer a lot of food. 

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • I send their emails to spam.  Terrible!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Newt69Newt69 member
    I was worried about the same thing but noticed when D ate less then 28oz of formula a day he was up a lot more during the night.
  • at 37 weeks thing should be like this: 80% milk and 20% solids with a caloric intake of 560 kcal. The milk intake should be 28-30 oz/day. So, I guess you're doing just fine! I use this website https://goodmomming.com to get inspired with foods for my precious. It's accurate and useful. You could give it a try! Hope it helps you too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"