March 2013 Moms

diapers

How or where do you buy them? We really, really like Pampers Swaddlers and the Sensitive. So far, we have been using what our church gave us at our diaper shower. I have size 2 but I don't think he is ready for those just yet.

Anyone use online places like diapers.com or Amazon Mom? Are their deals plus shipping still better than the local store? Just curious of your experiences.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: diapers

• BJs, they usually offer coupons also.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Curious to hear what others say. I also love Pampers, but they are too expensive for us. I've found Target diapers to be the best combo of cheapness and quality. I don't have to hunt down coupons, and I get 5% off with my Target Red card. (But I sure do love those plush Pampers)  :)

• Loading the player...
  • I actually like the Costco brand best! They are way more absorbent than pampers or Huggies. I've never had a leak even overnight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • I LOVE amazon. A 200 pack size 1 is about 35. That's the absolute best I've seen for pampers. That's the subscribe and save price. And I get free two day shipping with prime.

They have luvs and huggies as well that are probably cheaper. Also target has good gift card diaper deals periodically that make it worth getting.

Amazon has the best price IMO
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagestephrodgers07:
    I LOVE amazon. A 200 pack size 1 is about 35. That's the absolute best I've seen for pampers. That's the subscribe and save price. And I get free two day shipping with prime.

They have luvs and huggies as well that are probably cheaper. Also target has good gift card diaper deals periodically that make it worth getting.

Amazon has the best price IMO

This exactly! We haven't found any stores that beat Amazon prices.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Amazon mom luvs is the absolute cheapest I've found. They are about 10cents a diaper
  • We use Sams Club or babies R us
  • Lex703Lex703 member
    We have been buying Pampers Swaddlers from BJs but I have tried the Target brand diapers as well. Once he starts eating solid foods I think I will switch to the Target brand because they don't seem to hold his poop too well because its still soft.
  • haileyqhaileyq member
    Cloth! We switched to cloth at 8 weeks and haven't looked back. Seriously, if anyone reading this is considering it, I highly recommend it. It's so much cheaper, he hasn't had a rash since we switched, and the laundry is no big deal, it sounds way harder than it actually is in practice. Plus, we get to reuse all the diapers for baby #2! I like to buy mine from www.abbyslane.com because they have great customer service and free shipping on everything. It's so addicting!
  • Seconding the cloth!! I made the switch around the same time and absolutely love it!! Prefolds and covers are the cheapest route. I recommend Green Mountain brand. The covers are so cute. It's like accessorizing! There are so many cute diapers out there. The laundry is not hard either, just need the right detergent. Please ask questions if interested. Join the fun!
  • I third cloth! It really isn't hard to use, and you can buy an entire stash to use through potty training for the cost of a month or two worth of disposables at this age. And they're way cuter. And you don't have that gross dirty diaper smell after LO pees or poops. And they're more breathable for the summer. And saving the earth a little never hurts.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagehomemaker5711:
    Seconding the cloth!! I made the switch around the same time and absolutely love it!! Prefolds and covers are the cheapest route. I recommend Green Mountain brand. The covers are so cute. It's like accessorizing! There are so many cute diapers out there. The laundry is not hard either, just need the right detergent. Please ask questions if interested. Join the fun!

What detergent do you suggest? I just bought mine, but haven't gotten the detergent yet.
  • We're using cloth this time. I wash with original tide powder.

When we buy disposables for vacations, we go to Sam's Club. I use either Pampers or Luvs.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I am in the process of switching to Ecosprout. I was using biokleen but I think it was causing buildup on the diaper baby looks to have a detergent rash. Rockin Green, Country Save and Charlie's Soap are also highly recommended.
  • er32585er32585 member
    Pampers swaddlers & baby dry at Sam's club
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cloth here as well. I use Ecos Baby from Sam's Club. Cleared his little issues up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"