November 2012 Moms

solids

How much puree do u give your 6month olds?

I know everyones a little different. Dd has formula all the time but we try to do solids of some kind once a day. Ive also thought ab blw but im a little.scared she may choke. Any advice?

Re: solids

• I make LOs food.

I give him 4-5 cubes 2x a day. From what I've been reading and researching one frozen cube of puree is 1 ounce of food. Every few days, he will eat a 6 oz container of yogurt.

He goes to see the pedi on Friday. I bet we will have to up his solid intake. I tried to give him 3 solid feedings a day a month ago and I felt like he wasn't getting enough milk and his tummy was hurting him.

To keep track of how much my LO eats (and what I eat), I write it down in a little notebook that stays on the counter. Also, I use that if I introduce a new food. It saves my a$$ if he has an allergic reaction to something (not that I think he will) but the notebook is easy to grab in case I do have to take him to the ER or pedi. I won't have to try and remember what I gave him to cause the reaction.

HTH. 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• MaebbMaebb member
    We give about one fourth of a cup twice a day, in addition to his normal bottles and breast feeding. He loves to eat. We haven't had his 6 month pedi appointment yet, but we do plan to ask more about food. We did a little rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, then single veggies one by one. Then he'll try fruits after he has tried a wide variety of veggies. BLW is intriguing to us because LO seems very interested in whatever we're eating, but so far we've just done single pureed veggies.
  • Loading the player...
  • So far ive been doing gerber pureed vegis ab once a day, just bc i am only home in the evening drom work, but shes also tried various thinggs like avacado and banana when were out and about.

Today she ate a whole container of squash which is maybe 2oz, so shes working her way up.
  • Mine still isn't very interested in solid foods. We've been trying once or twice a day for a couple of weeks. I don't think he's eaten more than an ounce of food in one sitting.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We also make M's food.  Right now, she's eating solids twice a day; around noon and 7pm.  Her 6 month appointment is Wednesday and we're thinking about starting breakfast if the pedi gives us the okay.  Each meal is 1-2 cubes.  Sometimes cereal is mixed in additionally. 

• dd is very interested in food, everyones food, always smacking her lips and reaching for it so were working on finishing up all the pureed food we have and then im going to make sure i have some blw foods on the menu for my next grocery trip.
  • jg1011jg1011 member

V 's schedule is: 

7:30 morning bottle---7 ounces

9:00---He'll take 2TBs of oatmeal plus 1 stage 2 container of fruit.

12:00--bottle 6.5 ounces

2:00 One stage 2 container meat/veggie combo and I stage 2 container of fruit.

5:00----bottle 6.5 ounces

7:00--- 2TBs oatmeal plus 1 container stage 2 veggies

8:15--- bottle--- anywhere between 5-7 ounces 

This was his schedule as of his 6 month pedi appt. We started solids at 4 months with just 1TBS of oatmeal with half a stage 1 fruit twice a day (breakfast and dinner). Then by 5 months worked up to 2 TBS oatmeal with a full container of a fruit or a veggie twice a day.  Switched to the Stage 2's and three solid meals a day after 6 month appt. 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow i havent even begun to think ab stage 2's. Ive thought ab yogurts tho. Im gonna research it. Her next pedi appt is Thursday so ill ask their advice too
  • I do more of a combination between BLW and purees. My baby loves to play with food while she's eating. If you respect some elementary rules of BLW you should not be afraid of choking: just cut the food the appropriate size and be there and watch your baby. You should also try some different veggies and fruits and see what your baby likes. I'm not good at knowing what to give to my baby but i always find different fruits and vegetables,here: https://goodmomming.com/  there're specific for age. I use it and I had no incidents!

• imagejessicariley810:
    I do more of a combination between BLW and purees. My baby loves to play with food while she's eating. If you respect some elementary rules of BLW you should not be afraid of choking: just cut the food the appropriate size and be there and watch your baby. You should also try some different veggies and fruits and see what your baby likes.nbsp;I'm not good at knowing what to give to my
    baby but i always find different fruits and vegetables,here: https://goodmomming.com/ nbsp;there're specific for age. I use it and I had
    no incidents!nbsp;

Thank you. Im gonna check this out. I havent really been on my game ab solids lately. Theres been a lot of schedule changes between me and dh and now thay the dust has settles i reallt want to get into this.
  • DS eats about 1 entire jar of stage 1 or 2 at breakfast and lunch while he's at daycare. We haven't added dinner yet. I do some cereal too, but not daily b/c it seemed to make him constipated. I use Earth's Best or Gerber organic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"