April 2013 Moms

Moms of 2+: how do you handle bed time?

So far DH and I have been putting one girl to bed each. Each night we pick who is putting to bed who and from then on we compete who gets to relax first. I usually lose... Anyway, I am worried about the days hat will surely come soon, when DH is traveling and I have to put them both to bed. What's your routine? What does the older child do when you are putting the younger child to bed? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Moms of 2+: how do you handle bed time?

• We do our 2 year old's normal bedtime routine and once he's in bed, then put LO to bed.  I do this on nights my husband works, too.  LO is incorporated into some of DS's routine, like in the room for stories and singing, and then after that I change and nurse her then put her down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    We do our 2 year old's normal bedtime routine and once he's in bed, then put LO to bed. nbsp;I do this on nights my husband works, too. nbsp;LO is incorporated into some of DS's routine, like in the room for stories and singing, and then after that I change and nurse her then put her down.

This is my plan too. Big girl first, baby girl next!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    We do our 2 year old's normal bedtime routine and once he's in bed, then put LO to bed.  I do this on nights my husband works, too.  LO is incorporated into some of DS's routine, like in the room for stories and singing, and then after that I change and nurse her then put her down.

This is us too. We put DD1 down using her normal routine and then DD2 usually likes to get in a big nursing session after DD1 goes down for the night. DD2 typically goes down for her biggest stretch of the night after that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now it depends on LO's evening nap. If he naps early he needs to go to bed first, and I will try to do as much as I can with his routine downstairs before taking him up to bed. If I need to I will let her watch a show while I put him to bed.

Luckily my oldest doesnt require much of a bed time routine. Do if she needs to go to bed first will read her books while I am feeding LO . Then I just take him up with me while I put her to bed and then deal with his bedtime routine.
  • We put our 2.5 yr old DD to bed first, with her normal routine. She now gives hugs and kisses to LO and he comes with to day her bedtime prayer and tuck her in, as part of her new routine. We then give LO a little extra "play" time and then get him to bed afterwards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekelsea1031:

imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    We do our 2 year old's normal bedtime routine and once he's in bed, then put LO to bed.  I do this on nights my husband works, too.  LO is incorporated into some of DS's routine, like in the room for stories and singing, and then after that I change and nurse her then put her down.

This is us too. We put DD1 down using her normal routine and then DD2 usually likes to get in a big nursing session after DD1 goes down for the night. DD2 typically goes down for her biggest stretch of the night after that.

This is what I do as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We put DD to bed at 7:30 every night, but DS isn't on a set schedule yet. Him and I both go to bed after his last nursing session, which is usually between 9:30-11.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• imageAshleyR2452:
    We put our 2.5 yr old DD to bed first, with her normal routine. She now gives hugs and kisses to LO and he comes with to day her bedtime prayer and tuck her in, as part of her new routine. We then give LO a little extra "play" time and then get him to bed afterwards.

This is pretty much exactly our routine as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• UberBizUberBiz member
    LO doesn't really have a 'bed time,' he usually cluster feeds from 9-11 p.m., so we do the normal routine for the others, my 8yr old and FI's 3yr old. Snack, jammies, brush teeth, they play for 20 minutes, then it's lights out, usually around 8:45. Sometimes FI will do it all if LO is fussy, or if he's not, I'll just carry him around with me while I get snacks ready and shoo them up the stairs, etc. It's worked out pretty well. Now we have to figure out a better morning routine since I went back to work yesterday and things have been a bit more chaotic getting EVERYONE ready to get out the door!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"