April 2013 Moms

Who was it?!?!

Ok so someone on here told me to try the blow drier to help calm my LO, AND IT WORKED!!! So far so good she's falling asleep right now! Crossing fingers that she keeps its up!!! AMADING AND THANK YOU!!

Re: Who was it?!?!

• I spoke too soon we are back to base one, screaming bloody murders :/ geez I get so jealous when I read the stories about wonder weeks when the baby just sleeps!! :/
  • Aw sorry ;. I've been standing in front of the stove a lot with the vent fan blowing. For now it calms her right down. I need a white noise machine Or app with a sound similar to that cause plain white noise and rain aren't working anymore

• Loading the player...
  • I have an app on my iPhone called the baby shusher... It helps but my LO isn't too bad. Don't know if it will help a really bad screamer but it's worth a try? Good luck...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I put LO in his car seat on top of the running dryer, never fails 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We use the paid version of the Sleep Pillow app. There's a static white noise on it that immediately calms my LO and you can set a timer to not turn off until he is in a deep sleep. Magical!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are free white noise apps for your phone you can download, I use that when traveling or in the car/out somewhere and need it. Or you can just buy a white noise song off iTunes to play on repeat with your iPod if you hace a docking station like iHome. We use that instead of buying an actual sound machine v
  • We use the Cloud nine giraffe he loves it and he can hold it which he seems to like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• I use the vacuum. It quieted my older ds and has worked with the twins as well.
  • imageNicoleSB80:
    Aw sorry ;. I've been standing in front of the stove a lot with the vent fan blowing. For now it calms her right down. I need a white noise machine Or app with a sound similar to that cause plain white noise and rain aren't working anymore

My DH also discovered that LO loves the stove hood vent fan also. She also likes the sound of the washing machine.

Just a reminder to everyone using apps for white noise to put your devices on airplane mode!
  • I read somewhere to just turn an old radio on a static channel. It should also be as loud as a running shower to mimic the sounds in the womb.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • kat45kat45 member
    I use the vacuum cleaner. It works so well that we just keep it in DS's room and turn it on and rock him in the glider when he gets fussy. It's magic.
  • I suggest portable speakers with an iPod or phone. There's an app called Relax Melodies that's free, and it's awesome for all ages. It has all types of noises and music including nature sounds and white noise.

YouTube has some great white noise videos too. Maybe that will save your real hair dryer and your arm.
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm just wailing up. She didn't go down until 2:30 am. And for some reason I'm so exhausted!! Thank you ladies :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"