August 2013 Moms

My own special snowflake GD post

So, fully aware that this is probably a dumb question, BUT...I have my glucose test tomorrow morning at 9:30. Can I have ice cream now and be ok, even without being able to eat breakfast, or should I be good and just go with some greek yogurt and fruit?
Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
07/03/2012
08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone.
You are my angel, my darling,
my star...and my love will find you,
wherever you are."

Re: My own special snowflake GD post

• you are fine. Just nothing but water after midnight.
  • what did your doctor tell you?

which test is it?

are you supposed to fast?

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha! We are the same person. Mine is tomorrow at 10 AM, and I'm getting ready to enjoy this wonderful drumstick. It's delicious and I want it, and I figure, if I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fail. I doubt this little bit of ice cream will be the straw that breaks that camels back.

• I stayed away from all sweets until after my test. Wasn't sure if it would artificially inflate my numbers. Had to take the three hour test but passed with flying colors!
  • imagecinderin:
    what did your doctor tell you?which test is it? are you supposed to fast?nbsp;

This.. Every Dr. Requires different things.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageELauren88:
    Ha! We are the same person. Mine is tomorrow at 10 AM, and I'm getting ready to enjoy this wonderful drumstick. It's delicious and I want it, and I figure, if I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fail. I doubt this little bit of ice cream will be the straw that breaks that camels back.

Ha! Mine too. 10 am. Will be snacking soon
    Tara
  • traiatraia member
    Mine is at 10am tomorrow too. Haha. Good luck to you ladies. Im super nervous about passing, not sure why. Just a heads up, if you dont already have kids. The orange and fruit punch arent that, but i havent tried the lemon lime.
  • It's just the one hour. My OB is out on maternity leave, so I saw one of the other doctor's last month. He didn't really tell me much of anything, in fact I had to remind him that I needed to be scheduled for it to begin with. SO...I have no idea if I need to fast. I was just going in with the assumption that I should.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • I had to fast for 8 hours prior to mine and I ate like CRAP until the cutoff time.

Ice cream, pizza...soda. I loaded up.

I did pass my one hour the next am. I'm not saying you SHOULD do that...but just saying....I did and was fine. Hope you are too!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• atoz625atoz625 member
    I'm going to do the one hour test this week.  Mine is non-fasting though, I didn't realize they could be different. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJill9288:
    It's just the one hour. My OB is out on maternity leave, so I saw one of the other doctor's last month. He didn't really tell me much of anything, in fact I had to remind him that I needed to be scheduled for it to begin with. SO...I have no idea if I need to fast. I was just going in with the assumption that I should.

You could do what my doc is having me do. No caloric intake 2 hours prior to the test. So I can still get up and eat breakfast, just has to be before 8! :) Oooor, you could call the after hours service. They should be able to tell you your offices policy. :) GL! 

• I have no idea how much it would actually affect the numbers, but on the chance that it could raise it, I would avoid it. The 3 hour SUCKED!
    image   image
  • imageJill9288:
    It's just the one hour. My OB is out on maternity leave, so I saw one of the other doctor's last month. He didn't really tell me much of anything, in fact I had to remind him that I needed to be scheduled for it to begin with. SO...I have no idea if I need to fast. I was just going in with the assumption that I should.

Im probably too late, but most doctors don't require fasting prior to the one hour just don't eat a candy bar the morning you go in and you should be fine. Anything you eat the days prior have no impact whatsoever. Good Luck! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJill9288:

For my one hour i was told I didn't have to fast.  But always safe than sorry 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"