October 2013 Moms

Team Blue + Question/Advice

Anatomy Scan was on Saturday and we found out we are having a baby boy!! His name will be Noah David.

During the scan the radiology tech said that my placenta is low-lying and is something to watch. She had a doc come in and take a second look and the doc said that it can be a problem during the birthing and could cause us to have a c-section. 

Anyone else have experience with a low-lying placenta? And is there anything I can do?

Happy Memorial Day!

Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
Anniversary
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Check out my blog.
Follow Me on Pinterest
BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)

Re: Team Blue + Question/Advice

• Welcome to team blue! My doc told me the same thing about a low lying placenta. She said that they'll keep an eye on it, but it usually raises up as the uterus grows. I googled it and confirmed that like 90 percent of the time, it does move away from the opening of the cervix when it's found to be low lying that early .. Weeks 18 to 20 or so. I wouldn't be too worried. I'm not. .. Yet.
  • ABrennABrenn member
    Congrats on a baby boy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a low lying placenta with my 2nd DD and we kept on eye in it the rest if the pregnancy. It didn't move much and I ended up passing a giant dinner plate size blood clot when I was in labor. Freaked the nurses out a bit, but had a healthy baby after a hurried c section for reasons that nothing to do with my placenta. As far as I know, it wasn't an issue with the c section, but I was knocked out and never read my surgical report.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like our a/s's were exactly the same. My doctor said it is very likely that the placenta will move up as the baby gets bigger. If not, I will need a C-section. The doctor was very optimistic and said he will just make sure the baby gets here in the best and safest way possible. :)
    BabyFruit Tickerimage

Mr. and Mrs. est. September 6, 2008 Expecting Baby #1 October 1, 2013

• They told me the same thing. By the end of my scan she said it already moved a bit (weird?) Anyway, my midwife wasn't concerned. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am the same way, as we get bigger it should move away from the cervix. I think in one article I read, it's a very small percentage that still need csections. I'll get another ultrasound in 8 weeks or so to see how it's progressing.
  • I was told to go on pelvic rest. My placenta is 0.4cm away from the cervix and doc says it needs to be 2cm. So no rigorous activity or intercourse. So looks like I will be on the bump more often. :)

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences you are helping me not to worry which is a huge problem for me, I'm a worrywart. 

Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • SdeuxSdeux member
    Team Blue and Low lying placenta here! My doc said he felt there was a 98 chance it will move up as the uterus becomes more pear shaped during pregnancy. Currently mine is 8mm from my cervix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"