August 2013 Moms

Diaper Cream

What's the best diaper cream? Is there one that should be used on a regular basis vs when baby has a rash?

Re: Diaper Cream

• atoz625atoz625 member

I think the "best" is subjective.

We started using bordeaux's butt paste, and it worked well.  I find desitin doesn't work AS well, but truthfully, I've used A&D ointment way more than diaper rash creams.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In DS' 22 months of life I can honestly say I've only had to use use diaper cream a handful of times. I've gone through MAYBE 4 tubes so far in his lifetime.

I prefer the blue Desitin tube. Not the purple tube.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Loading the player...
  • AD has been our goto. We've never had any problems and it's inexpensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We leave in Texas where it is constantly hot and humid so diaper rash is very common.  What I found that works best on my pedi's recommendation is Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment.  This was a life saver for my LO numerous times. I will admit it is a bit pricey compared to some of the others but we do not go without.
  • We used Boudreauxs butt paste but to be honest, the best thing was to give baby some diaper-free air time at first sign of redness. Worked better than any creme. We only used cream when things really got bad. But we used cloths, which seems to reduce rash anyway. 

• By far the "best" in our opinion has been the Burt's Bees Rash Cream!!!!!!!!!!! 
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• We loved Burt's bees when my son was really young then we switched to destin and that works great too!
  • I use cloth diapers, and not all diaper creams work with them. For a really bad diaper rash, which seemed like mostly occurred early on with DS, I used disposable diapers with Boudreaux's Butt Cream or Aquaphor. With cloth diapers I like the Grovia stick or Badger diaper balm.
  • I also love A and D ointment. DS's pedi suggested it. I have tried lots of brands (cheap, expensive, etc) and A and D is my fave by far.

• rissa06rissa06 member
    A and d ointment and then butt paste when needed.
  • Still working on a tube of aveeno I got at my shower. DD's needed it much and I'm not for using something just 'cause.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly I think it's something you have to try and findout yourself. Working in a daycare not every kid takes well to the same cream. Need to findout what works for your LO's bum.
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• We CD and use CJs butter. Its fantastic!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket
  • Just something to put out there for people to prepare for.

As I said earlier, we haven't had to use much diaper cream, but DS has had issues with yeast rashes a more than few times. You treat that with lotrimon. So if you ever find a good coupon for that along with a good sale it may be worth having a tube around just in case! Yeast rashes are easy to spot from diaper rashes. Dr Sears website has some good pics for reference I believe.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• We don't use anything unless LO has a rash.  The few times that has happened we used Triple paste and it has cleared it up within 1-2 diaper changes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Triple paste all the way!
  • I have used whatever I was given before DS was born....butt paste, desitin, and target brand.  The container of butt paste was quite large so we still haven't finished it, but I would say the Target brand is probably my favorite.  We have it in our diaper bag. 
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In my experience no diaper cream has worked for my little one. He has sensitive skin the only thing that helps for him is ad ointment. His rash clears up and is totally relieved. As far as desitin etc they never did a thing if anything made it worse for him!
  • Baby Buttz. It's Canadian I believe so you can only get it online. It is amazing. We tried all the others, and this one is like no other. It will cure a diaper rash overnight. Highly recommended!!
  • imageCreedon778:
    I have used whatever I was given before DS was born....butt paste, desitin, and target brand.nbsp; The container of butt paste was quite large so we still haven't finished it, but I would say the Target brand is probably my favorite.nbsp; We have it in our diaper bag.nbsp;

We travel a lot and most of my Desitin use has been slathering him up for a car ride even if he doesn't have a rash just as a preventative, since sitting in one place, like a carseat, can get warm and icky....but as soon as I finish my current tube I am trying the target brand!

I have been super impressed with all their diapering stuff. Their diapers and wipes are great. Glad to hear someone likes their diaper cream too! Definitely going to check it out!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Our first was really sensitive so things like AD and Desitin made her rashes worse. We used Butt Paste for a while but are now Triple Paste converts. Unless Dr. recommends something else, we'll be using the triple paste.
    imageimage
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"