Babies: 6 - 9 Months

7 Month Old What to play with ?

What are your goto toys for this age?

Does anyone recommend a jumparoo?

I'd like to help her with her gross motor skills and mobility.

Right now, DD currently enjoys:

Exersaucer
Activity Mat
Books
anything that lights up or makes noise
Mirrors
Art / photographs
TTC since 12/2009
Me: 34 Him: 40 
Dx: Severe MFI (low count)
IVF #1 : BFN
IVF #2 : BFP
2 Snowbabies
It's a GIRL! 

TTC #2 since 9/2014
FET #1:  BFN
FET #2:  BFN
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 Month Old What to play with ?

• Cj has the fisher price rainforest jump aroo and loves it. He has just figured out how to really make it bounce. It provides a little more gross motor than the exercersaucer with all the jumping and bouncing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

It depends on what you want baby to learn. My doc recommended lots of Bumbo and tummy time to help LO develop the muscles to crawl. If you want to develop jumping/leg strength or just entertain baby for short periods of time the Jumperoo is great.

If you are looking for entertainment, my Lo really started enjoying being sat in front of a bucket of small new objects to explore at that age.  Safe things like plastic measuring spoons, rattles, baby keys, etc.

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • DS loves his jumperoo, play mat, stuffed animals, swing, teething toys and anything that lights up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS actually enjoys sitting up by himself and plays with stacking cups - he'll bang them individually, bang them together, eat them etc.  When he's on his tummy, I'll stack the cups to make it a tall tower - and encourage DS to crawl towards the tower to knock the cups over.

We have a jumperoo and DS enjoys it, but he's never a big jumper. Most of the time he just sits in there and plays with the toy.

We also have the FP musical table. DS likes to bang on the different buttons to get music & lights going.  The legs of the table come off so we have it on the floor. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • We have the Baby Einstein Jumperoo, my lil guy loves it. He doesn't really use the jumping function but he loves playing with all the toys. It also has hooks to hang your own toys off it, we change up the toys every week or so.

For increasing mobility, I don't really have any toy recommendations but a lot of floor time will help with this. My DS loves to zero in on the items he isn't supposed to play with and zooms across the floor to them, paper, extension cord, remote control etc. Even though we baby proofed it is amazing what he can find to get into. 

His favorite toys at the moment are Sophie, Fisher Price stacker rings and an Infantino toy barn. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 7 month olds are a lot simpler than you think! i bought DD the fisher price basics: baby's first blocks. she's learning how to put the shapes into the holes and she really likes to bang the blocks together haha. i swear that thing can entertain her for hours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My LO wants to move. He is very interested in walking so he loves his walker. We also have a fisher price cash register that he loves using too. Anything that lights up, makes sound, and that he can especially hit.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Love the rainforest jumperoo, and I just bought her the Vtech Move and Crawl ball yesterday. Anything that stacks is good too. We also have a walker that she likes to be in, even though she can't quite touch yet. 
  • Run20KRun20K member
    Thanks everyone!!
    TTC since 12/2009
    Me: 34 Him: 40 
    Dx: Severe MFI (low count)
    IVF #1 : BFN
    IVF #2 : BFP
    2 Snowbabies
    It's a GIRL! 

TTC #2 since 9/2014
    FET #1:  BFN
    FET #2:  BFN