Stay at Home Moms

Pasta salad?

So I saw a post last week referring to no mayo pasta salad.

I usually am not a pasta salad fan, but I think I have only had it with mayo or miracle whip which I am not a fan of....

If you make pasta salad, how do you do it?

Re: Pasta salad?

• Rotini pasta, zesty Italian dressing, small cubes of cheese, diced onion and pepper, and baby tomatoes.  You could add just about anything you want though - meat (pepperoni, ham, etc.), other veggies...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We make our pasta salad with tortellini, Italian dressing, peppers, mozzarella, and parmesan.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • imageCherryblossoms07:
    Rotini pasta, zesty Italian dressing, small cubes of cheese, diced onion and pepper, and baby tomatoes.  You could add just about anything you want though - meat (pepperoni, ham, etc.), other veggies...

pretty much this, plus sliced mushrooms and sometimes grilled chicken. 

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I make this one:

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/pasta-salad-with-tomatoes-zucchini-and-feta/

Lemon juice, olive oil, tomatoes, zucchini, parsley and feta cheese. I use tomato basil feta for a little more flavor and color, but regular feta is fine.

• I've never had it with mayo either.

pasta, cucumber, onion, tomato, Italian dressing  

• So, I love g

reek salad.  I am seeing some with tomatoes, feta cheese.  Do you think it would be good with balsamic vinegar?

• Mayo in pasta salad isn't even pasta salad to me!

Italian dressing, tri-colored rotini noodles, cubed provolone cheese, pepperoni chunks and raw broccoli. Mmm.

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • imageArnegard:

So, I love g

reek salad.  I am seeing some with tomatoes, feta cheese.  Do you think it would be good with balsamic vinegar?

yup.  

• imageCherryblossoms07:
    Rotini pasta, zesty Italian dressing, small cubes of cheese, diced onion and pepper, and baby tomatoes.  You could add just about anything you want though - meat (pepperoni, ham, etc.), other veggies...

Mine is close to this only I add broccoli, black olives and carrots. The real recipe calls for salami but I don't normally have any.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • I do the Italian one discussed above.

I also do one with grilled chicken and a half ranch/half Italian mix. It's too unhealthy for all the time, but once in awhile I make it as a guilty pleasure thing.

I also do one with bow ties cubed mozzerella, whatever veggies I have, tomatoes, black pepper, olive oil and basalmic. Kind of like a doctored up Caprese salad. I've also done it with cheese tortellini and then skipped the cubed mozz.

I despise mayo so I never make it that way..although it's all the rage here.

• IlumineIlumine member

I make a Greek Pasta Salad. 

I buy two bottles of greek salad dressing.  

I crockpot two chicken breasts with the first bottle for 4 hours on high.  I then shred the chicken into bite size pieces.

Then I cook lb of pasta to al dente.

I will slice tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and kalamata olives.  I will add peppercinnis and extra feta cheese. 

toss the chicken, pasta, feta and the veggies and toss in the other bottle of dressing

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • I usually make bruschetta (diced plum tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, basil, sometimes red onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar) and toss it in penne with grated parmesan.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Greek inspired pasta salad. Bowtie or penne, balsamic vinegar, feta, basil, olive oil, olives, zucchini, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. Sometimes I do cucumbers and summer squash too. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I make a few different ones that don't include mayo.

First one is bowtie pasta, pepperoni slices cut into quarters, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes cut in half and greek salad dressing. Sometimes I will even add black olives if I have them. It is a really great salad.

Second one it cheese tortellinis, crumbled bacon, chopped broccoli, mozzarella cheese (either shredded or fresh cut into cubes) an a light vinigarette of your choice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • I have only ever used oil is pasta salad...when there is mayo I think macaroni salad. Blech.
  • imageKateMW:
    I have only ever used oil is pasta salad...when there is mayo I think macaroni salad. Blech.

I thought the exact same thing, they are two totally different salads (except I do like macaroni salad too)  Embarrassed

_____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• imageWinsyWade:

imageKateMW:
    I have only ever used oil is pasta salad...when there is mayo I think macaroni salad. Blech.

I thought the exact same thing, they are two totally different salads (except I do like macaroni salad too)  Embarrassed

I won't even admit the one macaroni salad I do like...it's my secret shame. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"