2nd Trimester
Options

Movement

I am almost 14 weeks and wondering when first time moms felt baby movement?!? I'm really lookin forward to it as I think it'll ease my nerves!

Re: Movement

• Options

I first felt movement that was unmistakably the baby around 15/16 weeks. It felt like someone was flicking me from the inside. :) Not at all like bubbles or flutters, though I know that's how some people describe it what it feels like for them ... to me that just describes how I feel about gas, lol!

The wait is so tough, but just you wait, it will be worth it. :) Good luck!  

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    JamieWMJamieWM member
    16 17 weeks I started recognizing flutters and pops which I has thought were gas bubbles in 14 15 weeks now he is a wild banshee and feel him all the time

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 16-17 weeks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am FTM, with anterior placenta so I felt the movements later then most. I am 23 weeks today and only have been feeling her consistently (pops and flutters) for the past week and a half. So around 21.5 weeks is when it started. Haven't felt an actual kick yet.
  • Options
    I for sure knew I was feeling him at 18 weeks, but I think I was feeling him for a week or so before that. I just didn't know what I was feeling!
  • Options
    amm0512amm0512 member
    I'm a FTM and just felt my LO for the first time at 17w5d. It felt like a strong kick, but ever since then I've only felt flutters.
  • Options
    TamjimmTamjimm member
    I'm 17 weeks and 3 days I first started feeling the little bump bump feelings about a week ago : the other day I felt I real big good one it was amazing and then haven't felt it again: everyone is different and our babies will give you that wonderful moment when they are ready! Congrats;
  • Options
    Only feet one or two flutters at 18 weeks. More consistent movement 20, and actual kicks at 22. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Options
    imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:

FTM carrying twins.  For me, movement became unmistakable at 20 weeks.  It felt like tiny muscle spasms.  I never felt "bubble" or "goldfish plops" or "butterflies."

I was told by my OB that most FTMs feel movement between 16-20 weeks, but closer to the 18-20 week range.

Thank you for this!! I always wonder how it differs for mom with twins - but have yet to ask :)  

Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Options
    pb&jojopb&jojo member
    Anterior placenta....so not until like 20 weeks...maye even 21 weeks...still don't feel a lot!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Around 17 or 18 weeks, I was feeling very small movements. By 20, definite movements and kicks. At 24, I can see baby moving a bit from the outside and can feel her kicks from the outside :) hope that helps!
  • Options
    Definite flicks/pops 15/16 weeks.  Never felt flutters. My husband felt the strong kicks 19/20 weeks.
  • Options
    Flutters 18 weeks.
    Movement 21 weeks.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jdebaiejdebaie member
    20 weeks for me until I felt anything

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Anniversary
  • Options
    For me it was 22 weeks.
  • Options
    About 16 weeks. Hubs could feel at around 19 weeks.
  • Options
    My first pregnancy I felt movement at 17 weeks.
  • Options
    I think at 17-18 weeks for me  but it's different for everyone!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    I was feeling little taps at 18 weeks. I have an anterior placenta so I wasn't feeling kick type movements until around 21-22 weeks.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

BFP #1- 9/16/2012 MMC- 10/24/2012 (8.5 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day with no heartbeat) D&C-10/30/2012 BFP #2- 12/23/2012 Due 9/5/2013 Please be our rainbow baby!
  • Options
    burmannburmann member
    I just barely felt it at 17 weeks....and at 20 weeks I felt a LOT more.  Now I feel it pretty regularly all day.  I'm a first time mom also.
    my read shelf:
    Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation
  • Options
    I felt the baby for the first time at 18 weeks but it wasn't consistent until 20 weeks or so.  You'll know it when you feel it! 
  • Options
    I'm 17w2d and I think I may have felt him but I don't know for sure. Could have been gas. I hope to know for sure within the next few days/weeks. :) I also have a softball size fibroid so that could end up being in the way of some of the kick/punches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"