August 2013 Moms

Johnson's Baby Products. Are bedtime really necessary?

My husband and I are working on our registry. Johnson's offers a bedtime set as well as their regular bath set. Is the bedtime set really necessary? We attended an infant care last week where we were told we shouldn't use lotion on LO for a while. Any advice if we should put a bedtime bath set on our registry? 

Re: Johnson's Baby Products. Are bedtime really necessary?

• Unless you are just adding things for people to buy, no.  There are plenty of other things that you will definitely use, I wouldn't say this hits the top 100 in "items I need for baby"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I hated the stuff, smelled way too strong for me. I much prefer an unscented product for my newborn. I am sensitive to smells and could not imagine having my child sleep in that smell all night.
    Married - July 2010, DD - April 2011, #2 EDD August 10, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • No it's not a necessity. But I did use lotion since day one with DD.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • rissa06rissa06 member
    The baby class I took said, no.. Bedtime is not necessary and you can't use it when they are first born.
  • No. It's just added chemicals. I'd personally run from J&J (formaldehyde and all) and register for Burt's Bees or Earth Mama Angel Baby. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageEmarieDuke:
    I hated the stuff, smelled way too strong for me. I much prefer an unscented product for my newborn. I am sensitive to smells and could not imagine having my child sleep in that smell all night.

This 

• atoz625atoz625 member
    It's definitely not necessary, but we found it to be useful.  We also used the kind meant for babies with colds.  Still though to this day (DS is 2.5) we haven't used lotion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Soleil3Soleil3 member
    None of it is necessary. Warm water and a soft baby brush are all you need. I used California baby shampoo on occasion, but really babies skin doesn't need lotion or frequent bathing, it can throw their skin off ( just like adults, really).
    image image

• jami216jami216 member
    I plan on using raw extra virgin coconut oil. All natural and no chemicals. Does wonders on the skin and very little goes a long way. I'd research JJ before purchasing it. As far as body washes go i agree is PP's.
  • Not necessary. We got like 5 bottles each of Johnson's baby wash and lotion and I didn't even register for it. We never once used the lotion on her, and we ended up using the Aveeno baby wash because I perferred the smell. One small bottle lasted us 11 months! The few times she needed some lotion we used aquaphor.
  • mbf124mbf124 member
    I use Little Twig or Burt's Bee's lavender scented lotion on DD. It doesn't smell as strong as the J&J stuff and it has a much better ingredient list. It's not really "necessary" but we like using the lavender stuff. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • mrs.JLmrs.JL member
    I would not use jj products including Aveeno. The FDA recently has found cancer causing chemicals in their products and in 2010 they were facing a class action lawsuit for having a tumor and causing chemical in there no tears baby wash.

Stick to something like PP suggested Burt's Bees or California Baby.
  • DS has excema, so we were never able to use regular baby lotions.

We do use aveeno excema relief lotion and aquaphor cleanser because it worked best with his skin.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• imageBelhurstBride:
    No. It's just added chemicals. I'd personally run from Jamp;J formaldehyde and all and register for Burt's Bees or Earth Mama Angel Baby.nbsp;

This.
  • I personally won't use Johnson's, it came out about 3 years ago that some of their products have an ingredient that has been linked to cancer.  So I won't use any of them.  I love California Baby products.  But no, I didn't use anything different for bedtime vs. other times.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • laabejalaabeja member
    J&J dried out DS' skin way too much. Only ever time we used lotion was after using J&J. Aveeno works well for us. It is made by J&J but not as drying. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"