June 2013 Moms

relief from swollen ankles?

I have completely lost my ankles. Any of you ladies have anything that worked for you? I'm pretty sure it is all water retention because they are extremely sore and sensitive to touch.

I have tried resting with my feet up and soaking them. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks Smile 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: relief from swollen ankles?

• This time around for me its not so bad.  Last time around, I drank a ton of water and ate lots of watermelon and grapes.  Eating anything high in water content helped!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish I had suggestions other than rest and drinking lots of water. :(  My feet and ankles were swollen until about a week and a half PP. Mine was likely due to all the fluids they gave me, but it will go away. Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • MamaW82MamaW82 member
    Drink an emergen-c once a day.  Grapefruit essential oil also helps a lot.  I like to add a few drops to epsom salt and soak in the bath.  If the swelling still hasn't gone down, mix the grapefruit EO with olive oil, coconut oil, whatever you have, and massage your ankles (or whatever is swollen).
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went and got a pedicure today. It's the first time i've seen my ankle bones in weeks. I told my hubby he had to massage my feet every night from now till the kid is born.
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMamaW82:
    Drink an emergenc once a day. nbsp;Grapefruit essential oil also helps a lot. nbsp;I like to add a few drops to epsom salt and soak in the bath. nbsp;If the swelling still hasn't gone down, mix the grapefruit EO with olive oil, coconut oil, whatever you have, and massage your ankles or whatever is swollen.

Oooh that sounds so nice.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use circulation leggings I got from the hospital from a prior surgery. I'm sure any medical supply store carries them. Also drank lots of water and elevated my feet tonight as my poor left leg decided to get tight as a tick. Ugh. It's almost over for a lot of us though. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jefkjefk member

imageckettenb:
    I went and got a pedicure today. It's the first time i've seen my ankle bones in weeks. I told my hubby he had to massage my feet every night from now till the kid is born.

This.  Get a pedicure and have your hubs rub your ankles.  Works wonders. 

• I wear compression socks in the evenings and keep my feet up and drink a lot of water. It's helped the last week or so!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh I have pp swelling. Already been a week and no change. So hard to sit with my feet up when all I want to do is walk around swaying with my little baby girl
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I bought some compression hose (knee highs) at the drug store - and those seem to help a bit.  I've also increased my water intake a bunch, and have been massaging my feet/ankles at night, but I think it's just something I have to deal with!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • imageckettenb:
    I went and got a pedicure today. It's the first time i've seen my ankle bones in weeks. I told my hubby he had to massage my feet every night from now till the kid is born.

Yes this worked for me also. And feels great. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"