April 2013 Moms

Bath time for our April babies

Hi ladies,

can you let me know how many weeks your lo is and how often you are doing full on baths? I'm wiping him down and doing bird baths everyday... But don't want to bathe him too much and dry out his skin. Tia  

Re: Bath time for our April babies

• She's one month and has only gotten one actual bath.  She completely hated it and she has dry skin anyway so I stick with sponge baths because it's easier on all of us.  I did the same thing with my son until he was about a year old and actually started enjoying baths.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They should get like 2-3 baths a week but spot cleaning with a washcloth everyday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • zzbbzzbb member
    My lo loves bathes. We are 7 weeks and its part of our bedtime routine so we do one almost everynight. It really calms him down and sets the mood for bed.
  • Our LO is just about six weeks and gets a full bath 3-4 times a week. He loves baths and after we use a homemade lotion to keep his skin moist
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sonya will be 8 weeks on Wednesday, and she gets a bath almost every night. She loves being in her bathtub, though; if she hated it, I'd probably only give her one as needed (she hated sponge baths, so I only did those if she got poop all over her or something).
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 5 weeks and gets a bath 23 times a week
  • 8 weeks and every night. He loves it and sleeps longer as a result.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• LO is 3.5 weeks and we bathe her twice a week. Her skin is relatively dry, so I don't want to bathe her more often than that. We wipe her face, neck, butt and hands as needed, so she stays relatively clean.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Almost two months and I take a bath with him every two days. He wouldn't tolerate his bath chair.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We bath or shower LO almost everyday and sometimes twice. We are in a hot, humid climate so it is needed and LO likes it.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • LO is 6 weeks and gets one twice a week, he has very dry skin as well.
  • My LO is 10 weeks and has had a daily bath since week 4.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Our schedule is Sundays, wednesdays, and Fridays. If he needs one because he's puked everywhere or had a really bad poo, then we'll bathe him

But everyday I wash his face, bum, arms, under the chin and hands with wash cloth and warm water

He's 4 weeks
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • DD is a month and we plan to do baths every other night. Unless she needs it like tonight after a blow out diaper.
  • 6 weeks almost here and he gets 2 baths a week, in the evening just before bed.
  • 8 weeks and she gets a bath nightly as part of our bedtime routine - she absolutely loves it!

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• imageMKC12/22/2006:
    8 weeks and every night. He loves it and sleeps longer as a result.
    Ditto & LO is 9 weeks today. I don't use soap everyday though

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DD is 7 weeks and we've been indecisive about frequency of baths for awhile. I think we've finally settled on every other night, unless we've had a busy day with lots of potential for her to be sweaty, like in the car seat or baby carrier.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • We are averaging 3-4 times a week right now, but pretty soon we'll move to almost daily I expect. It's a really important part of Norah's bedtime routine, and will be for Nellie as well. One of us usually jumps in with them, and we enjoy that so it will continue for a while yet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I give him a bath almost every single day,but that is more because he loves it and sometimes it is all that will calm him down if he's having a screamfest.  No dry skin issues.  We use aveeno baby and burts bees products.  I only wash his hair once a week.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tmrchitmrchi member
    at 6 weeks, we do every 2 or 3 days.  Plus wiping face / under all three chins each day
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby Boy is going to be 5 weeks tomorrow. We're in the middle of moving and painting the entire house ourselves, so bathing baby is pretty low on our priority list right now. He gets maybe 2 baths a week? We do it as an "activity" to keep the girls occupied. They just love dumping water on him. Lol.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AllyP10AllyP10 member
    We have started to bathe our little guy almost every evening before bed. It's really helped us to form a routine with him. So at about 9:00 we give him a bath, put on lotion and pajamas and then give him a bottle. He usually falls asleep close to 10:00 and will sleep until 3:00. The bath really seems to tire him out before his bottle and it's been nice for DH and I to get a little rest. 
  • zzbbzzbb member
    imagechgibeau:
    Once a week is a full bath but i attempt daily to wash his face and chest since that gets milky daily. once it gets hotter out ill prob ip it to two times or as needed. i figure i only i have a chance for a bath one or two tomes a week and im fine so lo should be too.

Are you saying you only shower or take a bath once or twice a week? I had a melt down at about 3 weeks because I didn't have time to take a shower one night...could have been some hormones??? But I have to take a shower or bath everyday because I feel milk covered and dirty but if I'm feeling lazy I don't wash my hair...maybe I need to relax lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"