Breastfeeding
Options

Mini pill

I'm EBF, two months pp and have been on the mini pill for three weeks. Can I expect to get my period this week or does it not work like the regular pill?
Married 6/4/11
Reese born 3/23/13
Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mini pill

• Options
    My mini-pill (micronor) did not have sugar pills and I did not have a period until I quit taking it at 14 months.
  • Options
    The mini pill won't make you have a period. Since you're EBFing you likely won't have a period for a long time, until you start dropping feedings. My DS is 7.5 months, I've been on the mini pill since about 6 weeks pp and still haven't had a period. I wouldn't be looking for it if I were you. Of course, some people do get AF sooner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The mini pill does not have the same hormones as the regular pill.  I've been on it since about 6 weeks post partum, and am now at 6 months and still no period.  It's awesome! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • Options
    The minipill has nothing to do with when you will get your period. When you get your period will depend heavily on frequency and duration of breastfeeding.

Edit: It seems as if you may not know completely how this pill works. It is extremely time sensitive compared to the traditional pill. You must take it at the same time every day and if you are more than 3hrs late you must use back up protection.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepatrickandkim:
    The minipill has nothing to do with when you will get your period. When you get your period will depend heavily on frequency and duration of breastfeeding. Edit: It seems as if you may not know completely how this pill works. It is extremely time sensitive compared to the traditional pill. You must take it at the same time every day and if you are more than 3hrs late you must use back up protection.

While I agree that OP may be a bit confused, you're also wrong. I got my period as soon as I quit the mini pill while still nursing the exact same amount and frequency I had been for months. Taking a continuous hormone pill definitely prevented me from getting my period, which was lovely. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"