Breastfeeding

Manual pumpers. Q.

What brand do you like?

How long does it take you to fully pump?

Would you rather have an electric double pump? Why do you use a manual?
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Manual pumpers. Q.

• I have an Avent manual pump and love it. I have access to a hospital grade electric pump (medela lactina) at work, so I just use the Avent for when I'm at conferences, building a small stash, date night, etc.

It easily takes me less than 10 minutes to pump, but I have a super fast letdown and flow. 

• I have a Medela manual (I think it's called a Harmony?) that I got from the hospital when I had DS. It worked well enough for me, but it took a while to pump a full session (definitely longer than 10 minutes). 

I have since bought (with insurance fully covering it) a double electric, and it is soooo much faster and convenient. I would say don't waste your time with a manual if you are going to be pumping more than once in a while.

Are you wondering about a manual for when you go back to work, or what is your situation OP? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChristyML:
    I have a Medela manual I think it's called a Harmony? that I got from the hospital when I had DS. It worked well enough for me, but it took a while to pump a full session definitely longer than 10 minutes.nbsp;I have since bought with insurance fully covering it a double electric, and it is soooo much faster and convenient. I would say don't waste your time with a manual if you are going to be pumping more than once in a while.Are you wondering about a manual for when you go back to work, or what is your situation OP?nbsp;

I am borrowing an electric pump but i dont want to replace it if it breaks. We don't want to spend the money on one right now.

I pump to stimulate more supply, work on my stash or when i skip a feeding and bottle feed for whatever reason.

I just found a manual pump with my Medela stuff I got from the hospital so maybe I will try that.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I have the Medela Harmony. It probably takes 10-15 minutes to fully pump.

I do have a cheap electric double pump that I used with DD, when I was pumping more often.

I grabbed the manual with DS once when it was the closest one and I was surprised at how fast and easy it was. I only use it maybe 2 or 3 times a month, and it just seems easier than pulling out the big electric one at this point.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"