January 2013 Moms

Bathing baby

How often do you bathe your babies? My LO gets a bath every other day. I'm hearing from other mom friends that bathing a baby too much can dry out their delicate skin. I can't go more than 2 days without bathing DD as she develops neck and arm cheese!

Re: Bathing baby

• Usually every night as part of a bedtime routine. I also use baby wash every time. His skin is fine. If you have dry skin issues, you will know. Otherwise, I don't see any problem with bathing as often as you like. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bath her twice a week. She is not terribly fond of it and has only stopped screaming in the last 2 weeks. She doesn't get dirty or smell or anything else so we haven't needed to do it more often.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We bathe every third day. If she really needs it on the second day, we'll do it then. It's just such a production.
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    We do every other day. DD has terrible reflux so there is no way we'd go longer than that. I probably should start doing it everyday, but I'm worried about dry skin too and DH has ezcema. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every day. She definitely doesn't *need* it, but it's part of our bedtime routine and she absolutely loves it.  We use a gentle soap every other day or so. We're in Texas and she definitely gets some cheese in the rolls, so I try to keep her clean and dry. 

• We do almost every night because it is also part of his routine. He loves bath time! We only use soap every other day though, and he has never had dry skin issues!
  • I feel like bathing is drying.  

We typically give DD a bath 1-2x per week.  We give her a good wipedown daily and I have to wipe her neck multiple times a day.  She has chubby cheekers! 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • we bathe 2-3 times per week. 
  • I put her in water every day because she rather enjoys it but I use soap every 2-3 days.
  • My DS has dry sensitive skin so we bath him just twice a week in steeped calendula flowers and a little soap. I wash his hands, face and behind his ears daily. I will also brush his hair and wash it a couple times a week when I do his hands and face. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I remember? Lol that sounds terrible but it's a couple times a week.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pretty much every night. We lotion after the bath so his skin isn't super dry. I can tell if the water was too warm by a little dryness but its never something a little lotion doesn't fix. Bath is part of his bed routine. Bath, book, bottle, bed. Most nights we get at least two of them so far.
  • jobiannjobiann member
    imagesbevmc09:

I feel like bathing is drying.  

We typically give DD a bath 1-2x per week.  We give her a good wipedown daily and I have to wipe her neck multiple times a day.  She has chubby cheekers! 

this exactly....although his bath yesterday was the first one he didn't scream once though...I hope he is starting to like them! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• jobiannjobiann member
    Bump burp....

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**