Trouble TTC

Climbing the stairs to fertility

Just had my first US after our first round of clomid at 50mg.

The bad news: my one follie was only at about 13mm i think thats the right unit of measurement

The good news: its on my right ovary which is the side with the "good" tube, and at least i had some response

The plan: four days of 100mg of Clomid combined with estrogen suppositories. of course i am going to be traveling next Sunday when they want me to come back in for a US, so that is pushed to Monday and i'll monitor with OPKs and dtd anyway just in case.

Would love to know if i should expect anything out of the ordinary with these little vag pills . .

Re: Climbing the stairs to fertility

• Not really sure why you need to take more Clomid. 13 mm isn't that far off from being mature. I've *never* been ready for trigger on my first follie check. They just have me come back in a few days...without taking more meds. I'm just a slow grower.
  • imageDurham1008:
    Not really sure why you need to take more Clomid. 13 mm isn't that far off from being mature. I've never been ready for trigger on my first follie check. They just have me come back in a few days...without taking more meds. I'm just a slow grower.

Wow, i just figured it sounded like it was going to take a lot more clomid to get me to mature a follicle the RE said she wanted it to be at least 18mm. I'm also not sure how the estrogen will affect the follicle growth, but she said its mostly for the thin lining of my uterus.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any advice... Just wanted to say good luck! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• katib77katib77 member
    Yes, the estrogen is for thinned lining (a side effect of clomid).  If it's the little blue pill I refer to those as "smurf cootch pill" because it causes your CM to be blue when you wipe.  As for stair stepping, I have not advice since I've never had to do that.  

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Just wanted to say good luck.  I took Clomid for 3 cycles but never took it for a second time in a cycle.  I had 3-4 follicles each cycle.  If this cycle doesn't work maybe your RE can start you off on a higher does of Clomid.  I never took the vag pills....but I do take progesterone suppositories which are messy.  Best of luck!
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • imagekatib77:
    Yes, the estrogen is for thinned lining (a side effect of clomid).  If it's the little blue pill I refer to those as "smurf cootch pill" because it causes your CM to be blue when you wipe.  As for stair stepping, I have not advice since I've never had to do that.  

Why yes they are! And, why yes they do!  Definitely a new experience for me, thanks for the heads up - not used to seeing smurf blue anywhere down there. 

Part of me feels excited about today's RE appt. I feel like although I may not be KU at least I can think about loving this follicle . . 

• This is my first cycle stair stepping with clomid. I was on 100mg CD3-CD7, I had nothing that could be measured on either side. I started 150mg clomid CD10-CD14 I just went for my ultrasound, I had one follie that measured at 19.5mm no other measurements. Docotors were happy with the response to clomid with the stair stepping.

Good Luck to you

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• I'm confused as to why you need more Clomid.  I'm not an expert, but I've typically only seen the stair step used when there are no measurable follies at the initial monitoring appointment.  A follie typically grows 1-2mm per day, so if you have a follie that is 13 mm it should be mature in 3-5 days.  What CD was your monitoring appointment on?

Glad to hear that your response is on your good side.  I hope things work out ok.  Good luck! 

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• imagejschwind22:

I'm confused as to why you need more Clomid.  I'm not an expert, but I've typically only seen the stair step used when there are no measurable follies at the initial monitoring appointment.  A follie typically grows 1-2mm per day, so if you have a follie that is 13 mm it should be mature in 3-5 days.  What CD was your monitoring appointment on?

Glad to hear that your response is on your good side.  I hope things work out ok.  Good luck! 

The monitoring appt was on CD13.  However, keeping track of my CDs is getting tricky because I think I am supposed to consider yesterday CD3 again due to restarting Clomid. I didn't know that about follies growing 1-2mm per day.  Maybe my follies don't grow without drugs because of PCOS and I'm usually annovulatory (except for this one miracle time after Provera).

Basically, I don't know enough here yet so I really appreciate the feedback from all of you. Since it was the "vacation RE sub" yesterday who put me on Clomid part 2 I'm going to email my RE and just do a double check on the logic here. I actually have another question about something the vacation RE said but I'm going to make another thread.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"