Cloth Diapering
Options

wipes recommendations?!

Ok, 18 days left!  I've got a good NB stash started but was talking to my husband tonight about WIPES!

We figured we would just do washcloths - do you use a particular solution to make them more moist when you wipe baby's butt?  What works?  Any other recommendations besides washcloths? 

Re: wipes recommendations?!

• Options
    imageChickypoo2468:
    Can you sew at all? 2 sided flannel work great. I also have some that are one size flannel one side terry. Amazing for poop. I just zig zagged the edges.

I made the 2 sided flannel too and picked out super cute pink prints. Otherwise you can just use water for solution or I like to use 2 cups boiling water, 2 tbsp baby oil, 2 tbsp baby bath wash. I put my wipes in a wipe warmer or wipe container and our the water over.
  • Options

I can't sew, my aunt made some really quick flannel wipes.  I think that when these bust, I'll get wash cloths.  I make my solution and put it in a spray bottle.

2T Coconut Oil

2T Burts bees baby wash

3C warm water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you end up buying wash cloths don't literally get the cheapest ones. That's what I did, and they're horrible! They don't absorb any water! I got them off Amazon. I ended up buying flannel wipes that I like.

ETA: So far, I just use a spray bottle of water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageilovetolaugh:

I can't sew, my aunt made some really quick flannel wipes.  I think that when these bust, I'll get wash cloths.  I make my solution and put it in a spray bottle.

2T Coconut Oil

2T Burts bees baby wash

3C warm water.

That sounds awesome and I have all those things on hand!  I love coconut oil! 

• Options

imageChickypoo2468:
    Can you sew at all? 2 sided flannel work great. I also have some that are one size flannel one side terry. Amazing for poop. I just zig zagged the edges.

That sounds awesome but I don't know how to sew (I'm learning to crochet!) but my husband has lost a lot of weight and has some flannels that are too big, maybe I will give it a try - do you just stitch two squares of flannel together?  Thanks! 

• Options
    I have sewn a few, which work fine. What are the most amazing are my Charlie Banana wipes, though. I started with just one box of 10 and after making my own and also trying washclothes, which did not work, I purchased another set of 10. We've been using them for about 7 months and they still look and feel new. Seriously awesome. Both were snagged at target the first was a clearance box in stores, second was purchased online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"