Breastfeeding

Black flecks in poop

DD is 10 weeks and EBF. About two weeks ago I noticed these black/maroonish flecks in her diaper. She also had some diapers that looked mucousy. It lasted for about a week and then went away. We brought in a diaper with the black for her Dr to see at her 2 month appt and he didn't seem that concerned. He said it looked like blood but was one of those baby things that would resolve. After that her diapers looked normal but now they have black in them again.

Anyone have experience with this? I eat a good amount of dairy, which I read could cause this, but I don't feel like the amount I eat varies that much so I don't know why the black flecks would come and go. DD doesn't seem to be in pain or anything. She's a fussy baby and tends to cry a lot but I can usually get her calmed down relatively quickly. She never spits up and doesn't seem any gassier than any other baby. Thanks for your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Black flecks in poop

• This is exactly what we had right before DD was diagnosed with milk protien intolerance. I noticed it would get worse the days after I had lots of dairy. It took about a month to completely resolve.

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• My LO had this as well and was diagnosed with a milk protein allergy. I have been off dairy since Monday. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"