February 2013 Moms

Lots of questions!!

-Has anyone started rice cereal yet? I have been giving LO 1 1/2 TBSP of rice cereal in his bottle at his last feeding of the night (at 11pm) and he sleeps in  his bassinet until about 10 the next morning. He had a taste of pureed carrots about a week ago and LOVED them!! BUT is it too soon for him to try baby food? Should I keep him on the formula for now? And when do you know when they are ready to try baby food as a "meal" rather than formula? 

-Is anyone else teething yet?? Holy fussiness!! He is drooling all over, and is just generally unhappy at about 5 or 6 in the afternoon, and the ONLY thing that calms him down is to walk with him. I cant feel any teeth popping out yet, but teething is the only thing I can think of that would be causing this. I have offered him teethers, my fingers, I even bought Sophie the Giraffe and he wants no part of any of it! He just wants to cry :( Any suggestions?

Melissa Lynn

Re: Lots of questions!!

• I can't see siggies because I'm on mobile. How old is your LO? The absolute earliest age that babies should get any kind of solids is 4 months, and it is generally recommended to wait till 6 months. Also, unless directed by your pediatrician for something like reflux, my understanding is that you should never put rice cereal in a bottle because it's a choking hazard.
    Formula or breast milk should be a baby's main source of nutrition until at least one year. Solids before then are just for fun and practice. They should not be given as a "meal" until the baby is a year old.
    I have no advice on teething, sorry.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Everything she said. Except that I have read that it is now not acceptable to give solids until 6 months. It has been determined that even 4 months is to early.

As for teething I have been told that a Baltic amber necklace or bracelet could solve all your problems. The amber releases an acid from body heat that is absorbed and acts as a analgesic.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For teething, we give homeopathic "Camillia". It comes in 1 ml sterile doses and it seems to ease some of the pain. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"