Breastfeeding

Vent about moms

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why so many moms are complaining that the babies Are waking to eat . What the f did you expect ? Why do these women have children if sleep is of greater importance then their child's health? Your baby is hungry so feed it . I'm so sick of all the sleep training crap and cio. If the sound of your child crying doesn't bother you then you don't diserve to have that child . I don't mean to insult or be mean I just don't understand parents who put themselves before the child

Re: Vent about moms

• Many moms come here to vent and commiserate, I know that's why I started posting.  I'm sure the moms complaining aren't starving their children if that's what you are concerned about.  

Many parents sleep train; if you are sick of reading those posts then stop clicking on them.  It's that simple. 

Why is this posted on the breastfeeding board?

• imageneumc14:
    Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why so many moms are complaining that the babies Are waking to eat . What the f did you expect ? Why do these women have children if sleep is of greater importance then their child's health? Your baby is hungry so feed it . I'm so sick of all the sleep training crap and cio. If the sound of your child crying doesn't bother you then you don't diserve to have that child . I don't mean to insult or be mean I just don't understand parents who put themselves before the child

ITA.

Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • neumc14neumc14 member
    I posted this here because this where I read the posts.i wrote this after reading a post about a nursing mom letting her kid scream cause she didn't feel like nursing him during the night.
  • flkongflkong member

imageneumc14:

Wow.... 

• lbw05lbw05 member
    imageJulieMarie21:
    Many moms come here to vent and commiserate, I know that's why I started posting.nbsp; I'm sure the moms complaining aren't starving their children if that's what you are concerned about.nbsp;nbsp;Many parents sleep train; if you are sick of reading those posts then stop clicking on them.nbsp; It's that simple.nbsp; nbsp;Why is this posted on the breastfeeding board?

This. It's called venting. And guess what else...sleep training is done to teach babies to self soothe. If they don't have that skill, you have to teach it, it's part of being a parent.
  • I don't know if I'd say things quite as harsh as op BUT I do agree, I hate moms complaining about they're 3,4,5,6 month olds still getting up once or twice a night! That's what kids do, my 2 year old was up once a night until 2 my 1 year old still eats once a night. I don't agree with CIO or sleep training until older.

Now I do think op said things too harsh but I get the vent
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I understand getting upset about little babies being left to cry, but sleep training a child closer to one isn't that bad. I do agree that on some boards there is talk of wanting a two month old to STTN, and expecting that is silly. Everyone can hope of course :) Expecting an older baby to sleep longer isn't ridiculous, not all can do it, but it isn't out of the realm of normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• ec0983ec0983 member
    my 7 month old was up 7 times last night.  and its been that way.  every night.  for MONTHS.  so yes, i'm tired, and yes, i would love for my baby to sttn (or for i don't know, more than 90 minutes at a time) and yes, when i hear him cry at night after i've JUST fallen back to sleep i want to punch a hole in the wall, and yes, i'm considering sleep training.  i still have every intention of feeding him when he's hungry, but feeling the way i do doesn't mean i love my son any less or make me a bad mom.  it's all about perspective.
    DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
  • imageec0983:
    my 7 month old was up 7 times last night.  and its been that way.  every night.  for MONTHS.  so yes, i'm tired, and yes, i would love for my baby to sttn (or for i don't know, more than 90 minutes at a time) and yes, when i hear him cry at night after i've JUST fallen back to sleep i want to punch a hole in the wall, and yes, i'm considering sleep training.  i still have every intention of feeding him when he's hungry, but feeling the way i do doesn't mean i love my son any less or make me a bad mom.  it's all about perspective.

Well said.  That sounds really difficult!  Obviously people like the OP have never experienced this kind of sleep deprivation or they wouldn't be so judgemental.  Hugs, it sounds like you are a great mom!

• sosophsosoph member

There is a point where quality sleep for LO is more important than a midnight snack. Not all LO make that transition on their own, which is where parenting comes in.

I don't judge but I do smirk when I read the *yawn* posts by people who refuse to sleep train.

• This is so rude.
    Most moms know they will have to feed their babies at night. If you had an issue with a specific post you should have replied there.
    I am not putting my desire for sleep above my sons health by sleep training him. I'm parenting. He was waking every 45 min to 3 hrs every night since he was 6 months old despite my best attempts at gentle no cry sleep training. He was waking out of habit, mostly, not hunger. He needed more sleep, and so did I. We are working on a method now that does involve some crying, which I hate, but we are all sleeping better and healthier for it. [Sleep is just as important as food for our overall health.]
    Maybe now that I'm getting more sleep I can start weaning off the antidepressants I've had to start taking after months of sleep deprivation. :/
  • Sometimes you have to put yourself before your child. If you are too sleep deprived, you can be dangerous to your child and to others. Lack of sleep is a major factor in postpartum depression. So seriously, quit with the judgment. A parent complaining about lack of sleep isn't being selfish. Is it a cross we have to bear, especially in the first six months of a baby's life? Yes. Does that mean no one is ever allowed to gripe about the exhaustion that comes with being a new parent? Not at all.

• imagemrssqueegy:
    Also I think that there is obvious confusion between sleep training and night weaning.  We sleep trained our son because he was waking every 45 minute sleep cycle and couldn't put himself to sleep for naps and bedtime.  We have not night weaned him.  You have to be able to differentiate if your kid is hungry and unable to fall back asleep.

This. We did some sleep training with DS at about 7 months when he was waking every hour. I still feed him 2 to 3 times a night. He is not starving, but he did learn to fall asleep on his own.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageandreab7412:
    Like pp it is NOT HEALTHY for a baby to not sleep more than 90 minutes at a time, when older than 6 M. Yes bf babies eat motn for longer but if they have flopped days and nights they need help correcting it. You know what makes me mad? Moms who judge and people who stick a boob in a babies mouth every 5 minutes because their kid cries to make them be quiet.

Whaaaat? Way to respond with a judgmental post.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ec0983ec0983 member
    imageaustenfan919:

imagemrssqueegy:
    Also I think that there is obvious confusion between sleep training and night weaning.  We sleep trained our son because he was waking every 45 minute sleep cycle and couldn't put himself to sleep for naps and bedtime.  We have not night weaned him.  You have to be able to differentiate if your kid is hungry and unable to fall back asleep.

This. We did some sleep training with DS at about 7 months when he was waking every hour. I still feed him 2 to 3 times a night. He is not starving, but he did learn to fall asleep on his own.

if you ladies are willing to share, i'm very interested to know what sleep training methods you used.  DS is 7 months, waking anywhere from every 45-120 minutes at night.  he needs his butt patted to go down (or back to sleep).  i don't want to night wean yet, just want him to fall asleep and stay asleep- or get back to sleep without me.  i haven't found many people in a similar situation to ours so i'd love to hear what worked for you. 

DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
  • imageec0983:
    imageaustenfan919:

imagemrssqueegy:

if you ladies are willing to share, i'm very interested to know what sleep training methods you used.  DS is 7 months, waking anywhere from every 45-120 minutes at night.  he needs his butt patted to go down (or back to sleep).  i don't want to night wean yet, just want him to fall asleep and stay asleep- or get back to sleep without me.  i haven't found many people in a similar situation to ours so i'd love to hear what worked for you. 

We basically followed the Sleep Lady Shuffle.
  • neumc14neumc14 member
    imagelbw05:
    imageJulieMarie21:
    Many moms come here to vent and commiserate, I know that's why I started posting.nbsp; I'm sure the moms complaining aren't starving their children if that's what you are concerned about.nbsp;nbsp;Many parents sleep train; if you are sick of reading those posts then stop clicking on them.nbsp; It's that simple.nbsp; nbsp;Why is this posted on the breastfeeding board?

This. It's called venting. And guess what else...sleep training is done to teach babies to self soothe. If they don't have that skill, you have to teach it, it's part of being a parent.
    babies are not supposed to self soothe , we are supposed to soothe them , that's our job
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member

imageneumc14:
    imagelbw05:
    imageJulieMarie21:
    babies are not supposed to self soothe , we are supposed to soothe them , that's our job
    New babies shouldn't be left to self soothe, but there is a point when it is necessary.  Do you really think it is healthy for a child to need mommy to rock them to sleep because that child was never able to learn how to go to sleep on their own as a baby? Haven't you ever heard of parents dealing with screaming children that refuse to go to bed unless their parents lay next to them until they are asleep? 

Somechildren have to be taught this skill, otherwise it can have lasting effects that cause problems with sleeping for a very long time.n 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lbw05lbw05 member

imageneumc14:
    imagelbw05:
    imageJulieMarie21:

Umm, little newborn babies, yes, we soothe them. Six month olds? No, we have to teach them how to soothe themselves. Duh. 

• imageec0983:

We followed a modified Sleep Lady Shuffle, as well as working on an earlier bedtime and better timing and consistency with his naps. It was a nightmare. He would wake up every 45 minutes between 7 and midnight and then be up for an hour or two, and then sleep a slightly longer stretch. So terrible and the things that once worked (rocking or nursing) no longer did. We didn't nightwean, and he typically wakes up twice to eat, but he's actually sleeping now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"