Multiples

Gestational Diabetes...

I posted about GD here the day I was diagnosed with it. Now the problem is it's been almost 3 weeks and I don't see any improvement in my blood sugar levels. I started with a diet and it didn't work. Later my diabetes educator put me on insulin and that didn't work either. Now I'm on two different insulins and I take insulin shots 3 times. My fasting and after breakfast numbers are good, but my post lunch and dinner numbers are high.

I don't know what am I doing wrong. Whenever my diabetes educator reads my diary and checks what all I ate, she says I'm within the carb limit. It's just that my body isn't liking carbs this moment whatsoever. I'm really concerned about this. No matter what I do or eat my numbers are still high. I feel helpless and I end up getting nothing but bad thoughts in my mind. Has anyone gone/going through this? Any advices?

Thanks!

Re: Gestational Diabetes...

• I dont have any experience with this but I just wanted to say that Im sorry to hear of this. I hope things get back on track, easily and quickly for you.
  • I'm sorry that must be hard! I'd avoid carbs like breads, potatoes and sweets that's what a friend of mine did with it and controlled it and most importantly her son wasn't born with diabetes.
  • Loading the player...
  • xoexpatxoexpat member
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this! I had GD and had I give myself insulin once a day. I was borderline, but no matter what I ate for dinner, my sugars would always go up so that's why I had to start doing the insulin. Are you exercising any? Just a little but of walking in the evenings might help, if your doc is letting you. Other than that, just make sure you follow the diabetes educators guidelines! At some point it is out of our hands...how far along are you? Good luck!
  • imagexoexpat:
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this! I had GD and had I give myself insulin once a day. I was borderline, but no matter what I ate for dinner, my sugars would always go up so that's why I had to start doing the insulin. Are you exercising any? Just a little but of walking in the evenings might help, if your doc is letting you. Other than that, just make sure you follow the diabetes educators guidelines! At some point it is out of our hands...how far along are you? Good luck!

Thanks! I walk for 10 to 15 minutes, because of my pelvic pains I can't walk for long. Whenever possible I do prenatal yoga at home. I am following all the guidelines of my diabetes educator and still don't see any improvements with my lunch and dinner blood sugar levels. I'm 27w4d.
  • Thank you Mrs.AshAsh and Reilly626!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"