Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Walking on Tip Toes

LO uses her tip toes to walk around in her walker. When we stand her up to get her some practice walking or just working on strengthening her legs, she tends to do that as well. A friend of mine suggested having her wear hard soled shoes while she's standing or in her walker.

Does anyone know if that helps? I've never heard of it, but it's definitely worth a try. I'm going to buy her some tomorrow, because she's outgrown all of her other ones. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it's normal. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Walking on Tip Toes

• DS will "walk" on his tip toes...it is from the jumperoo. I've been told that it's because he's in it too much....how often is your LO in the walker?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's normal. And I've heard hard soled shoes were bad for learning to walk and that babies should mostly be barefoot. Nothing to worry about, don't bind those tiny feet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    It's very normal for babies to walk on tip toes when they're learning. She will stop eventually. I wouldn't recommend shoes until she's actually walking.

• DD does this too, and she's rarely in the walker.  I think it's normal at this age!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • imageChristyML:
    DS will "walk" on his tip toes...it is from the jumperoo. I've been told that it's because he's in it too much....how often is your LO in the walker?

Between her walker, jumper, and exersaucer (also a jumper), she's maybe in them a total of 45 minutes a day (if that). She's usually just playing on the floor with her toys or practicing standing/walking with help. 

I usually just use the walker when I'm cooking or putting things away, so she can follow me around. 

• DD does that too and i heard from a lot of STMs that it's completely normal. i guess babies just don't know what they're doing right now, haha. they get it eventually!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • It's normal to walk on their toes.  My DD does it sometimes to.  Walking barefoot in the beginning helps strengthen their muscles in their feet so def. no shoes until they can walk fine with no help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"