July 2013 Moms

Treats for nurses?

What do people usually do to thank the nursing staff? A basket of assorted treats? Is a mix of healthy and dessert type snacks good? I want to give them something good...

Re: Treats for nurses?

• QmommyQmommy member

I hear many people give donuts.  Also was told to make 2 baskets or something so the night nurses get goodies too.  They are often left out.

with that said, I always fall back to a good old fashion "thank you!"  I also like to talk to the head nurse and rave about my particular nurses.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm thinking mini muffins. I want to do something but hadn't given it too much thought yet. It'll be interesting to see what others post.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When my SIL had her baby I made cake pops and brought them in for the nurses.  They were devoured within an hour so I went home and made more.  SIL said she had A LOT of nurse visits and seemed to get a lot of extra special care while there.  :)

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• My mom brought the nurses a couple dozen of cookies while I was in labor.  I remember being mad that nobody saved me one since I was starving after the birth.  This time I'm bringing my own stash of snacks as well as treats for the staff.  
  • Baking is a good distraction technique in early labor :)

I baked a pan of brownies last time and brought them in still warm. Planning to have ingredients on hand to do cupcakes or something this time. 

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • SMac85SMac85 member
    I bought a whole bunch of mini hand sanitizers from bath and body works and put them in a small basket.  I also added a package of snack size mars bars and some twizzlers.
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• Homemade or at least unique and somewhat healthy is what I love getting as a nurse. We call baby our poppyseed so I'm getting some locally made poppyseed muffins for nurses when we go in and having a little sign saying "thanks for help us bring our baby poppyseed into this world" for them. Also there's 3 shifts of nurses usually days PMs and nights, so I'm having 3 batches : and I would totally love a little bath and body hand sanitizer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"