May 2013 Moms

Birth Story (PIP)

So after being stuck on bedrest since 25 weeks, I went in last Wed for my induction.  Since I was already 4-5cm we all figured things would move quickly.  We got to the hospital at 10am, started Pitocin at noon, they gave me an epi and broke my water at 4:20pm and we waited.

I was getting really strong and really painful contractions.  Really painful.  They lasted through the night and I didnt get any sleep.  We had multiple anesthesiologists in and out trying to figure out why I was having so much pain.  They decided that my epi was not in correctly and they did a new one.  I started having massive back spasms and they couldnt figure out why I was still in pain.  I got a new anesthesiologist who was able to take some of the edge off.

After 30 hours, I had only dilated another 2cm and was holding at 7cm.  Baby girl wouldnt let baby boy continue down the birth canal.  He never got past station 0.  We all decided that labor was not going to progress any further and that a c-section was the next step.  At this point I was done and just wanted it to be over.  I expressed my concern about the pain to my anesthesiologist and she ended up staying past her shift so that she could be in there with me.

**If you have not given birth yet, fair warning that this next part is scary** 

Without getting into the gory details, it ends up that my body blocks pain medication, and I felt just about everything except the first incision.  The pain meds were not doing the job.  I could even move my legs. I only really remember them taking baby boy out.  After that the pain was just too much and I kind of went delirious.  I remember asking my anesthesiologist to kill me.  To please put me out of my misery.   She was trying with different meds but they were not working.  I also had a really bad bleed.  It was pretty much everywhere.  Floor, Drs pants, etc.  They were having a hard time getting baby girl out, and thats why they couldnt give me the really good stuff, but as soon as she was out, my anesthesiologist blasted me with something that finally gave me some relief. They wanted to give me a blood transfusion the next few days, but since I wasnt dizzy or fainting, I declined it.

It was pretty much the worst experience of my life and really traumatizing.  I will never do this again.  Ever.  But the thing that made it all worth it is that Anthony William was born at 4:48pm and his sister Julia Grace came at 4:52 and they are perfect.  No NICU time, no issues, nothing.  Just 2 little miracles.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Birth Story (PIP)

• Your babies are adorable and I love the feet on his pjs so stinking cute!
  • I can't even imagine and I'm sorry. Anthony and Julia are beautiful. 
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Loading the player...
  • jayro10jayro10 member
    I'm glad everything turned out alright! Congratulations on your beautiful babies!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Very cute! Congratulations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    First congrats on your BEAUTIFUL babies!
    Second same thing happened to me! After 30 hours of labor I ended up with an emergency c section due to babies heart rate dropping and cord around his neck, and I felt the entire surgery. Like you I told the anastesiologist to put me out of my misery! Once baby was out he knocked me out. I totally agree that it was traumatizing! But you made it and have 2 blessings now. Congrats again!
  • Congrats!  So sorry about your traumatic experience, your babies are precious.  
  • Congratulations! Sorry you had such a traumatic delivery but your babies are very cute. It looks like they are holding hands in the picture!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awww! They are so precious!! Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • They're gorgeous! I can't even imagine being able to feel my c section. I'm so sorry.
  • What a traumatic event.  I am so glad you are all OK though.  They are adorable!
  • Beautiful babies with beautiful names! You did it, but I don't blame you for never wanting to do it again. What a nightmare.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations on your two new additions!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• blush64blush64 member
    Congratulations on your beautiful babies! I'm sorry it was such a difficult experience but glad you are ok.
  • motangmotang member
    Congratulations! They are adorable. I'm sorry your birth experience was so awful. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    They're precious, congratulations!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • pnutgpnutg member
    That sounds really rough. I'm so glad you got 2 healthy babies out of the deal. Congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats! I'm glad they are here and healthy.
  • Congratulations on your beautiful little ones. Like PP mentioned, it looks like they are holding hands. So cute.

I am sorry that your experience was so traumatic!

• Adorable babies, congratulations!! I am so sorry to hear how traumatic and painful it was!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Omg Blue, that pic is so freaking adorable!
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    I'm so sorry that none of the pain meds worked, especially during the surgery. What a terrible experience! Glad to hear that you and your babies made it through all right. Congratulations!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Congrats blue!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Congratulations! They are so adorable! I'm so happy for you that the babies are perfect to make up for such a horrible labor experience! Hoping your recovery is swift and as easy as possible.
  • delinodelino member
    You poor girl! I'm so sorry you had to experience that. Your babies are beautiful. Congratulations momma!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mytincmytinc member
    I can't imagine going through all that. I'm so happy that you got two beautiful healthy babies out of it though!  Congrats! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Congrats. They are precious. So sorry the delivery was so difficult but thank god you are all fine.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Congrats, they're adorable.

• Congrats!  Sorry about the sh!tty birth experience...you probably should have specified 'drugs that work' in your birth plan.

Your babies are adorable; can't wait to hear more about them and how you are all adjusting to life at home! 

• So sorry you had such a bad experience. But your babies are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how your induction went. I'm sorry it was such a terrible experience.

The twins are adorable! You make cute babies!

image"Image">imageAnniversaryimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats Blue!
  • They are so cute.  I love how they are holding hands.  Congrats, again.
  • What a gorgeous picture. They're beautiful, congratulations. Bless you, what a traumatic time, so glad you're all well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow!  That's quite a birth. I'm so glad it's behind you, and now you are enjoying your wonderful children!  Also, I think it was really considerate of you to provide a warning.  Basically, you rock.  Congratulations!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • OMG, I love the picture!!  They are too cute.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh they are adorable! I am so sorry you had a hell of a birth experience. I hope healing is going well. They are beautiful miracles, Blue!!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Holy cow. That's insane! I don't think I could consider having any more after something like that either.
    But your babies are beautiful! Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry you had such a difficult delivery ... But holy cow are your babies adorable!!! Congrats:D
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"