Babies: 0 - 3 Months

A game: You know you're a parent to a newborn when...

I need to let off some steam from this growth spurt... so here, I made this game, finish the sentence...

"You know you are a parent to a newborn when..."

...You hope to get the cart with the wobbly wheel in stores to put little one/keep little one asleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A game: You know you're a parent to a newborn when...

• tig594tig594 member
    Haha. I will be returning to work this week with bags under my eyes from all the middle of the night feedings/diaper changes/ hours spent rocking DD back to sleep.
  • You look forward to your LO poop.My 3 wk old seem to go every 3 days
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BIG BROTHER IS 4 and BIG SISTER is 2 in NOVEMBER
  • Loading the player...
  • Your son pees on your shirt while you're bathing him, you calmly finish his bath, get him dressed, and realize an hr later you never changed your pee shirt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You get a strange sense of satisfaction when sucking the snot out of your LO's congested nose.
  • You curse at the cars driving by your house in pure fear they will wake your sleeping baby, after two hours of trying to get them to sleep out of your arms finally being successful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Old ladies you never met before stop to ooh and ahh over your baby.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • ...you plan your activities around the window of naptimes.

-These are great everyone, so funny. :) 

• imageemriley84:
    Your son pees on your shirtnbsp;while you're bathing him, you calmly finish his bath, get him dressed, and realize an hr later you never changed your pee shirt.

Ha! I did this today.

Mine would be: when you find yourself cheering on burps and farts. Good job, buddy! Get out those gassies!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageemriley84:
    Your son pees on your shirt while you're bathing him, you calmly finish his bath, get him dressed, and realize an hr later you never changed your pee shirt.

This is awesome.

When you get legit angry at the phone ringing/cat meowing/person knocking at your door because it's waking the baby. Not cool, noisies! Not cool.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ...while buying a new purse you ask yourself, "can I fit diapers, wipes, baby clothes, a burp cloth, and a pacifier in there along with everything else?" And then designate one whole side of that purse to said items.
  • imageswelniak:
    imageemriley84:
    Your son pees on your shirtnbsp;while you're bathing him, you calmly finish his bath, get him dressed, and realize an hr later you never changed your pee shirt.

Ha! I did this today.

Mine would be: when you find yourself cheering on burps and farts. Good job, buddy! Get out those gassies!

Haha yes! I have never encouraged burping so much in my life!
  • jglenn4jglenn4 member
    it takes an hour to do something that used to take 15 mins (i.e. leaving the house)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagejglenn4:
    it takes an hour to do something that used to take 15 mins i.e. leaving the house

Yes!!! LO always wants to eat when we have to leave to go somewhere so that adds to the whole packing up and getting out of the house process. Although, I am proud to say I am getting it down pat.

I agree with the burping encouragement post. I praise LO after each burp. Apparently it sounds like I'm praising a dog for a job well done at something. I'm going to have to work on that. Lol
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • tig594tig594 member
    You're late for work because little one decided she had to poo right before it's time to leave in the morning.  And poo she did...all over herself and her boppy...and all over mommy when she picked her up to change her.  Welcome to my morning (I don't go back to work until tomorrow but if it were today I'd have been late for sure!).
  • You wait in 10x's longer check out line at the store because you dont want to go in the same line as the lady who is coughing her head off!

• imagemichelleb729:
    You get a strange sense of satisfaction when sucking the snot out of your LO's congested nose.

LOL! This sums it up perfectly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're in bed before 8 because the LO is sleeping too...every night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ...when all you post on Facebook now are pics of LO!
  • ..you check the color of the snot you sucked out of your congested babies nose to make sure it's clear!
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Now I have an excuse to tell telemarketers, and door to door salesman to leave you along, because sorry" I have a crying baby to take care of!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"