January 2013 Moms

Fine motor skills

At what point did your LOs fine motor skills really begin to emerge? Ds has been a bit ahead with all his large motor skills, but is still not fairly interested in holding objects for extended periods of time, or playing with things on his jumperoo. For instance, he will hold his sofie for a minute or oball then lose interest and drop it. We will give his a teether, and he will do the same/ not want to put it in his mouth. Is this about right for a 20 wk old? I am not really concerned as he grabs, pulls, etc, just wondering when the skill of playing with toys and other objects really develops.

Re: Fine motor skills

• not yet, probably closer to 6-7 months. 
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD is really interested in grasping things little things and loves all the stuff on her exersaucer... but most days she acts like she doesn't remember how to roll.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD grabs at things too, but its the same, she doesn't hold on for long and it doesn't seem always intentional.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
  • LO just really started to chew on his teether and pick things up/grab for stuff this last week. He would hold things but then drop them quickly. He seems quite tripped out by his hands though. He'll stare at them and lace his fingers together and have the best time!
  • imagethis decaf life:
    DD is really interested in grasping things little things and loves all the stuff on her exersaucer... but most days she acts like she doesn't remember how to roll.

My DS is starting to take lots of interest in his toys and loves chewing on his teething toys, since he's teething now. Still hasn't shown any motivation to roll over yet, lol. He's halfway there..but just doesn't want to roll completely over yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • See my Ds would rather chew on his hands than chew on a teether lol. Also, anyone know when they really know their name? Sometimes Lucas looks when we call his name, but I think it is more of responding to the sound. It's weird, I want him to grow up sometimes, and other times I wish he would stay like this forever!
  • DD grabs things...but only to put it in her mouth. I don't see her really being interested in toys until 6 months or so.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"