June 2013 Moms

Breast pump: Ameda Purley Yours, Medela or Melodi Advanced

I have three options for breast pumps with my insurance company and have no idea which one to choose. I've heard great things about Medela and also about Ameda? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Breast pump: Ameda Purley Yours, Medela or Melodi Advanced

• I have the Ameda but that was our only insurance option. The nurse at my OB said good things, though, FWIW!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine actually has a way to turn off one pump so you can pump one at a time - you just have to move the little tab into the tubing. Might be easier than "double fisting" to start?
  • Loading the player...
  • Is that on the Ameda that you can choose to pump 1 at a time? Does anyone have those bras that you can stick the bottles in while your pumping so your totally hands free? I feel so clueless.
    The Medela is the Medela Personal Double and the only positive things I've read is on the Medela Advance which one did you use?
  • Yes, the Ameda you can pump one or both - the instruction book suggests how to hold the pumps either way. I don't have any special bras - when my coworker did it last year, she just held it there and popped a burp cloth over herself and it seemed pretty easy. I figure the less stuff I need, the better.
  • Our breast feeding class instructor/lactation consultant said te Ameda and Medela were nearly identical and in her opinion, the better pump choices.
  • willstwillst member
    If your going to pumping a lot a pumping bra is the only way to go! If you don't want to buy one you can cut slits in an old sports bra.makes all the difference and saved me many tears over spilt milk!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! You have been such a great help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"