Babies: 0 - 3 Months

when to start wearing pants?!? ha

We pretty much live day and night in a onesie. I was just wondering if it's weird that I don't put pants or shorts on LO when we go out??? I feel like all her pants are sooo long plus it's 80-90degreese here in Florida. Does your little one wear anything over their onesie while out? 

Re: when to start wearing pants?!? ha

• =Lee=B=Lee=B member
    I'm in Canada and so far going around with just a onesie would likely classify as a child neglect.  BUT, I don't see why it would be weird if it is warm enough.  Would look perfectly fine and would be so much easier for diaper changes!!

• When we go out and we are going to be indoors, always. Unless it's cold I might do a sleeper. Sleepers or gowns at night. I don't think it really matters though as long as they're comfy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    I've put shorts on DS once and only because it went with an outfit for a wedding we went to. We live in Texas and at home he's just in a diaper. When we go out, just the onesie.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I didn't start doing shorts until my LO could sit up. Not sure why, it was just easier access in just a onsie to change diapers. Do whatever you feel like :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • tig594tig594 member
    DD is also usually in a onesie. I have been putting dresses on her a little more lately because it seems more comfortable when it's warm. Although today i put her in a cute jumper. Went to see her at child care during lunch and the ladies had make up all over her sleeve. Gross.
  • Nope.  Most of the time, he is in a onesie only.  We only put on pants if it is cool outside, if he is going to be in the sun, or if we are going to church or some other place where I want him to look a little more put together.  Otherwise, it is just another step in the diaper change, and it hides his cute chubby legs!

• Also in Florida. If we go to the mall or something I put her in pants because it's so cold inside but at home or quick errands she's naked or in a onsie only.

I did get some cute carters rompers that are probably as cool as onesies for her but she has to gain a few more pounds before they will fit.

• I love the onsie dresses. It's a onsie but with a dress front. No pants required. And if it does get cool I just put a blanket on her legs.
    So I'm not a big fan of the pants. They are a pain for diaper changes and its been pretty warm in Ca.
  • I seem to be in the minority, but I feel like LO going out in just a onesie is like going out in underwear lol! So I prefer to put her in an outfit with pants or shorts, or a dress. It might be more of a hassle with diaper changes, but the extra work doesn't bother me. As soon as we get home, though, I will take the pants off or change her into something easier. 

• When it's hot, sometimes *I* wish I didn't have to wear pants, so onesie only. I usually bring socks just in case we're going somewhere that his feet might get cold while in the wrap. 

Pants look adorable, but they're not always practical.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am in NC and it is hot here, so definitely no pants. LO is frequently just in a onesie. I am also a HUGE fan of the romper.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I wouldnt bring him out in just a onesie but I like those romper things that have little legs on them and look more like an outfit, they have them for girls and boys.
  • Only if its cold. The weather in Maryland has been crazy, 80 one day then 60 the next.  DD is usually in just a onesie but if its cool out then its a footed onesie or a regular onesie with pants.  I had to wait until her midsection filled out though, she was long enough for the pants but too skinny in the waist for a few weeks. 
  • love4blove4b member
    My daughter has been wearing a lot of 'sun suits' - aka a bubble onesie or one with a skirt attached. Carters has some cute ones in their Memorial Day clearance sale...

• See, I'm in Fl too and bc of that, my house stays nice and cool. So she wears pants over her onesie. I mean, I'd be cold in my house without pants on, so I figure she's ok. If we go out, the stores are cool too so the pants are never really a problem unless she's getting swaddled.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • Never even occurred to me to dress him in just a onesie. To me, that's his shirt and he needs pants or shorts on. I also like rompers.  
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...