September 2013 Moms
Options

I'm sick

Hey good morning ladies! It's been a while for me. Anyway I was hoping to get an opinion from some of you re: my current icky situation. I started feeling sick yesterday. I feel hot, runny nose, and a sore throat. I am still able to function but I do feel a bit more weak then usual. I didn't have a fever last night, at least I don't think I did but I didn't have a way to check it at the time. I am about to start a 10hr shift. I was wondering, should I just stick it out? or should I let my boss know and go home and try to rest this off? I've never went home early before and would feel like a giant boob leaving my co workers, but then again I don't want to push myself too hard. What do you think? Thanks girls :

Re: I'm sick

• Options
    andy711andy711 member
    I don't think it should be a big deal to go home if you are feeling sick. Listen to your body and rest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well, while I'd normally say go rest, I also have been dealing with whatever you're describing for about 2 weeks now. Just saying that one day of rest might not get you back to feeling better.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jeb2013jeb2013 member
    You are pregnant and under the weather, I would kick your feet up and relax and stay hydrated. Working 10hrs isn't going to make you feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually had what I thought was just a cold and ended up going in when it kept gettin worse. It was actually strep so I would go in and get checked out if you continue to get worse. Better safe then sorry!
  • Options
    Personally, I don't stay home or go home early unless I am throwing up or it is coming out the other end. ;) However, I don't think it is wrong of you to ask to go home early especially if you feel like you need the rest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"