October 2011 Moms
Options

Major mommy FAIL!

So, Abby has been in contacts for 2 weeks now ... or so I thought. Long story short, we took her to see her new eye doctor in St. Louis yesterday and NEITHER contact were in her eyes. I would have NEVER known, because she was still playing, reading books, etc. as normal. I even had been "checking" her eyes 2-3 times a day and thought I was seeing them in her eyes ... guess not! I was about to get really upset at myself, but then was just amazed at all the "normal" activities that Abby has been doing without have any type of corrective lenses -- I mean, crap, according to all medical logic, she shouldn't be able to see ANYTHING and yet she was still playing with toys and walking around just fine. My kid is a miracle!

Anyways, she's back in glasses and we're not going to even try contacts anymore, because (1) she's having strabismus surgery (crossing of the eyes) June 19th and can't be in contacts for two weeks and (2) she's likely going to get lens implants this winter and will need to wear "normal" glasses afterwards for reading. So, she can just continue being super cute in glasses. :o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Major mommy FAIL!

• Options

And she is SUPER CUTE in glasses.  :)  Don't be too hard on yourself. Many adults can't keep contacts in.  I can't imagine trying to keep them in a toddler.

And YAY for Abby for doing "normal"  things without corrective lenses.  She is an impressive little one.  :)

• Options
    Ms.JadeMs.Jade member
    Yay! You know I'm partial to the glasses. Hugs to you though. I would have felt bad in that situation too. Go Abby for doing so well without them!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm fond of the glasses. They make her look like quite the little intellectual  ;)
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got chills from you saying that she was doing all those things without her lenses.  How cool! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

She is amazing. I love that she just went about her life.

I can't imagine how you missed the contacts. I mean, it's not like you had anything else going on in your life. Please, give yourself a big break on this one.

How are you liking St. Louis?

• Options

imageRoxRing:
    I got chills from you saying that she was doing all those things without her lenses.  How cool! 

This, totally :-)  Yay Abby!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Team loves the glasses! And seriously, you have a lot going on.  I am positive all of us would have missed the contacts, too.  I hope you're enjoying STL!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

imagemissyishere:
    Team loves the glasses! And seriously, you have a lot going on.  I am positive all of us would have missed the contacts, too.  I hope you're enjoying STL!

+1 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks girls! I just feel bad that she was literally blind for who knows how long ... Obviously she compensates, though! And yes, I am "team glasses" too ... She just didn't seem like Abby without them!

Definitely liking it here is STL. All "settled" into our rental house, figuring out all the last details of our new house so construction can start, and DD 2 is coming June 3rd! Crazy busy, but fun!
  • Options
    mamaZbomamaZbo member
    I love the glasses. Don't feel bad about the contacts. I've been wearing mine since I was 12 and this morning I put both lenses in one eye and couldn't figure it out. I thought something had gone horribly wrong with my eye.
  • Options
    She is supercute in glasses. Alastair and Aidan both think so.

Don't beat yourself up. I don't even know how you manage to do contacts with a toddler. Fruck, I can barely cut nails.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"