February 2013 Moms

bedsharers...nap question

If you bedshare at night, what do you do for naps?  With DS1, I just put him in the pack n play and he happily went to sleep for hours at a time.  DS2 has been sleeping in the swing because he would wake up after 2 min the pack n play/crib.  The swing worked great...until this week.  Now he's decided unless he's snuggled up to me, he's not sleeping.  Sometimes I can sneak off and he'll stay asleep on the couch, but not often.  Any tips and tricks for naps that don't include traditional CIO methods or "fussing"?  Keep in mind no matter where he sleeps, I have a 2 year old making very loud noises at all times.  And I can't leave Kid #1 alone to sleep train Kid #2.  Nor can I just take a nap with the baby - that would be awesome.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: bedsharers...nap question

• emd886emd886 member
    can you put him in a carrier and wear him while he naps? he'll learn to sleep through his siblings noise
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS would only let me put him down on his stomach. Of course, I'm sure you know the SIDs risk involved with that. Personally, I was comfortable with it for naps only.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Loading the player...
  • imageemd886:
    can you put him in a carrier and wear him while he naps? he'll learn to sleep through his siblings noise

No, that's the issue now. :)  I want him OFF me!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekbates85:
    DS would only let me put him down on his stomach. Of course, I'm sure you know the SIDs risk involved with that. Personally, I was comfortable with it for naps only.

I'm okay with belly sleeping - he can roll both ways and puts himself on his belly.  He won't sleep more than a few minutes though in any position. 

• I had this problem with Piper, she always wanted to be right up against me and/or nursing for naps. And at first it wasn't to hard to sneak away but now she seems to realize I am and is a much more sensitive sleeper. So I started bring Abe (her stuffed monkey) in with us, and when I am sneaking out I slip hi against her at chest level ( she sleeps on her side) and put my pillow behind him so she is still getting my smell and it works great, she goes down for 2 hours a time most times.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If I am working on the computer, she is in my lap (like right now). If it's in the morning and I am busy teaching the boys, she usually sleeps in her bouncy or a carrier. And then when we are on the go, obviously, she sleeps in the carseat.  Or sometimes she will sleep in the carrier for the entire time we are in the grocery store - so she gets a good 45 minute nap there.

Poor thing lacks consistency and routine because she is a fourth child and life is busy. She only gets one GOOD nap each day and it's usually 2-2.5 hours long. That's the one that happens in my lap. The rest are just cat naps - 30-40 minutes here and there. She doesn't fuss, so she seems to be fine with this sleep schedule (or lack thereof).

Just saw your post that you don't want to use the carrier, so I edited my advice.  I would just say that your best bet would be working on rocking to sleep and transferring to the crib or PNP.  But with a noisy house, your naps will probably be hit and miss.  That's how it is for us.  Luckily, it's getting nice outside so I can send the older kids to the back yard to play while the baby sleeps inside, which disturbs her less.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"