May 2013 Moms

my brest friend or boppy nursing pillow?

Anyone using either of these? I'm using a regular boppy and find it too low/squishy...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: my brest friend or boppy nursing pillow?

• I have heard that both are pretty similar.  I use a MBF.  The Boppy Nursing Pillow wasn't available when I had DD1.

I like it but can't compare it to Boppy since I don't own one.

• With DD I got the newborn nurser pillow to go with the Boppy and really liked it.  I didn't love the Boppy without it for at least a month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the my breast friend. One of the best items I received for baby.
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    I have both and I think the MBF works better. It's comfy, but firmer, which makes it more stable for positioning the baby. 
  • The lactation consultant I saw in the hospital told me that My Brest Friend is best for women with long torsos. I used mine a ton the first week or two while I was limited in how I could sit due to a tear, but now I find that I don't need it much.
  • I have the Boppy nursing pillow, and I think the main difference between it and the My Best Friend is that the MBF has a cushioned piece that wraps around your back, versus a strap.  At first I didn't mind the nylon strap that went around my back, but the more I've used the nursing Boppy, it has gotten bunched together and now kind of digs into my back.  I would think the padded backing for the MBF would be a little nicer and more comfortable than the Nursing Boppy because of it, IMO.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I am not a fan of the boppy for the exact reason you mentioned. I like MBF better but it is so crazy in this house that I am usually nursing and walking around holding LO.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have both and I vote for MBF, boppy is to bulky IMO and very tight around my flabby mom belly. MBF is nice and I like how it snaps so it won't move and has the support for my back and makes it easier for various positions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLN1024:
    I have both and I think the MBF works better. It's comfy, but firmer, which makes it more stable for positioning the baby. 

I agree! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"