February 2013 Moms

FFF

Figured I'd start one....

We get off work early today because it's memorial day weekend....but I'm not telling my mom (who's watching little man). I'm running much needed errands until my regular pick up time.

Muahahaha...I know I'm a bad mom lol. Hey one of those errands involve getting my mom a birthday present Stick out tongue

Married: August 2008
DS born: February 2013
TTC #2: Nov. 14
Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16

Re: FFF

• Drea926Drea926 member
    It's rainy and yucky here today so DS and I are having a day in....on days like this I sometimes wish he were of tv watching age because I would love to snuggle and watch Disney movies and Sesame Street with him. Is that weird? That's like a double-whammy - wanting him to be older and wanting to be a couch potato with him. :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• a13049a13049 member
    It's the last day of school, and all teachers are supposed to go out and sign year books with the kids. I haven't had a plan time all week because I have been organizing all of the fun last week of school events like field day and kickball tourneys. Twice I even missed lunch. So I am staying in and packing up so I can leave early to start my summer break early. I feel like I have earned the extra two hours, especially since I came back to work only 4 weeks pp

• Loading the player...
  • a13049a13049 member
    Oh yeah, I am getting a brand new medela pisa pump from my cousin. She got one from insurance and she just had a little one. She even registered for extra set f parts. Well she is only 3 weeks pp and has already thrown in the towel. She quit because she says despite being constantly engorged she doesn't have enough milk to feed LO. She knows this because her LO is hungry all the time. She even had to nurse her 10 times one day. When se switched to formula her LO only woke up once in te middle of the night, so she is sure there isn't enough milk. I think she threw in the towel way to easily but am really excited about getting another pisa pump. Now I can leave one at work and one at home. Plus ill have two extra set of parts.

• imagesingingsea:

We get off work early today because it's memorial day weekend....but I'm not telling my mom (who's watching little man). I'm running much needed errands until my regular pick up time.

Same here! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of the reasons I don't want to stop nursing is because then I'll have to start being more careful about what I'm eating. I like being able to eat whatever I want and hardly gain anything!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imageDrea926:
    It's rainy and yucky here today so DS and I are having a day in....on days like this I sometimes wish he were of tv watching age because I would love to snuggle and watch Disney movies and Sesame Street with him. Is that weird? That's like a doublewhammy wanting him to be older and wanting to be a couch potato with him. :P

Uhh... I've already watched a couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock with DD. It's not like I plop her in front of the tv and then do my own thing. It's a very active experience for us, I sing along with the songs and dance with her while it's on. She gets a kick out of it when I make her clap along with the theme song!

I'm planning to limit it to an episode or two each week, but I really want her to love Jim Henson as much as I do, and what better way than Fraggle music??

• I decided to stay at home after my contract ends this August, however, I then decided I couldn't wait until August so I told my boss that my LO is not adjusting well to daycare and she needs me to be home. He was very understanding and let me out of my contract, but the truth is LO is adjusting just fine to daycare, I just hate it...
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Drea926Drea926 member

imagePuck1182:
    imageDrea926:
    It's rainy and yucky here today so DS and I are having a day in....on days like this I sometimes wish he were of tv watching age because I would love to snuggle and watch Disney movies and Sesame Street with him. Is that weird? That's like a doublewhammy wanting him to be older and wanting to be a couch potato with him. :P
    Uhh... I've already watched a couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock with DD. It's not like I plop her in front of the tv and then do my own thing. It's a very active experience for us, I sing along with the songs and dance with her while it's on. She gets a kick out of it when I make her clap along with the theme song! I'm planning to limit it to an episode or two each week, but I really want her to love Jim Henson as much as I do, and what better way than Fraggle music??

I LOVE Fraggle Rock! I want to come to your Fraggle sing-alongs! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageDrea926:

imagePuck1182:
    imageDrea926:

Uhh... I've already watched a couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock with DD. It's not like I plop her in front of the tv and then do my own thing. It's a very active experience for us, I sing along with the songs and dance with her while it's on. She gets a kick out of it when I make her clap along with the theme song!

I'm planning to limit it to an episode or two each week, but I really want her to love Jim Henson as much as I do, and what better way than Fraggle music??

I LOVE Fraggle Rock! I want to come to your Fraggle sing-alongs! 

Dance your cares away! ::clap clap::
    Worried for another day,
    Let the music play! ::clap clap::
    Down in Fraggle Rock!

• Dealing with a migraine of epic proportions since late yesterday, I may or may not be off and on napping on the floor next to Colton while he plays on his playmat under the guise of playing with him.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I already spoil my son, and he's only four months old. I love buying him new clothes and toys, especially now that he's getting old enough to interact with and enjoy them. I'm legitmately concerned with how I'm going to reign myself in when he's older and knows full well what's going on, because I do NOT want a bratty kid who thinks he can have whatever he wants.

• I feel terrible about this. I went off my no dairy diet last weekend (one lousy cupcake) so of course DD's reflux is back with a vengeance this week.  she's barely napped, is up about 5 times at night, sometimes more, and screams--not crying, but literally screams like someone is pulling her toe nails out.  So once she started screaming on my lap and I just sat there and starred at her for 5 minutes because I was literally out of ideas.  Then once I just put her in her crib wide awake and put her projector and white noise machine on because I had to pump--just left her there for 20 minutes and she surpringly fell asleep.  Then two night ago when I had literally been awake with her by myself for 30 hours I lost my temper.  I didn't yell at her, but I was terse and my voice was elevated and irritated--and I might have sworn a few times.  I know they are good at reading emotions and tone so I feel bad--especially when she gave me a cute gummy grin an hour later.  Ugh I feel like I'm screwing her up for life already....
  • imageNG2HD:
    imagesingingsea:

Same here! 

YesBeer 

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • I am sick of all the nonstop discussion about sleep training/naps/schedules. Not even just here, it's always one of the first things someone will ask me about my infant. No he isn't sleeping through the night. Then they frequently proceed to tell me what I should be doing about this. I also hate when people find something that works for them and act like it is THE way to put your baby to sleep.

All babies are different, do what works best for you and your family. Do we have to analyze and discuss it ad naseum? End rant.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemarionravenwood:
    I feel terrible about this. I went off my no dairy diet last weekend (one lousy cupcake) so of course DD's reflux is back with a vengeance this week.  she's barely napped, is up about 5 times at night, sometimes more, and screams--not crying, but literally screams like someone is pulling her toe nails out.  So once she started screaming on my lap and I just sat there and starred at her for 5 minutes because I was literally out of ideas.  Then once I just put her in her crib wide awake and put her projector and white noise machine on because I had to pump--just left her there for 20 minutes and she surpringly fell asleep.  Then two night ago when I had literally been awake with her by myself for 30 hours I lost my temper.  I didn't yell at her, but I was terse and my voice was elevated and irritated--and I might have sworn a few times.  I know they are good at reading emotions and tone so I feel bad--especially when she gave me a cute gummy grin an hour later.  Ugh I feel like I'm screwing her up for life already....

Even if you had yelled, it's ok. Not that you should make a habit of it, but you won't scar her for life by yelling at her to be quiet when you've been up for 30 straight hours. Holy cow. Kudos to you for being able to do that. Luckily, there won't be many times when you'll have to be up that long by yourself, so if that's what it takes to make you speak "tersely" with an elevated voice, well, I think that speaks for quite a bit of self-control!

My FFFC: 

Last weekend the girls got sick and had fevers. DD1's was over 103. While I don't want them to be sick ever, I found myself wishing they could have held off for another 1.5 weeks so I would have had an excuse not to go on "vacation" with my ILs next weekend. Time with MIL will never be a vacation in my book, so now I'm kind of hoping the girls got me sick and whatever they had just has a long incubation period. Then I'll send DH off with both of the kids for the weekend and have the whole place to myself. ::floats away on a cloud of daydreams::

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imageeriannc22:
    I am sick of all the nonstop discussion about sleep training/naps/schedules. Not even just here, it's always one of the first things someone will ask me about my infant. No he isn't sleeping through the night. Then they frequently proceed to tell me what I should be doing about this. I also hate when people find something that works for them and act like it is THE way to put your baby to sleep.

All babies are different, do what works best for you and your family. Do we have to analyze and discuss it ad naseum? End rant.

I totally agree. I don't even go to the month boards because it's all questions about how to get their newborn to STTN. It's like, have you really never heard about new parents never getting sleep? I wake up at night to use the bathroom or get a drink of water, why wouldn't this tiny person have the same needs as me? I'd be kinda mad having to sleep for hours in a soaked diaper.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• DD is in her swing having a great conversation with herself... while I watch TV and relax!  I feel guilty like I should go get her and play since we spent the morning running errands and she was in her seat, but I'm SO tired and she's just so happy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just thought of another one after another posting... 

Our original plan was to try some cereal sometime after 4 months and try some homemade purees after 6 months.  Well my MIL is SOOO crazy lately about starting food... she mentions it an average of 5 times each time we see her.  It makes me want to scream.  I am considering holding off food longer just to spite her lol Big Smile  ( In reality I'll start whenever I feel like DD might be ready, but even if we do start cereal at 4 months I'll probably lie to her for a little bit and tell her we're not starting yet haha).

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageeriannc22:
    I am sick of all the nonstop discussion about sleep training/naps/schedules. Not even just here, it's always one of the first things someone will ask me about my infant. No he isn't sleeping through the night. Then they frequently proceed to tell me what I should be doing about this. I also hate when people find something that works for them and act like it is THE way to put your baby to sleep.

PREACH!!!!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• imageDC2London:
    I'm a total clean freak.  It is not unusual to find me on my bathroom floor scrubbing the joints around the toilet with a q-tip.  But I never clean my windows.  Like......ever.  I only ever seem to think of it when it's sunny, and then when we have a cloudy day I always seem to forget.  

• imageDC2London:
    I'm a total clean freak.  It is not unusual to find me on my bathroom floor scrubbing the joints around the toilet with a q-tip.  But I never clean my windows.  Like......ever.  I only ever seem to think of it when it's sunny, and then when we have a cloudy day I always seem to forget.  

My toilets desperately need you.  Please help me.

My FFFC is that I don't think I've cleaned my toilets for over a month, which is completely nasty considering that I have two little boys that often miss the bowl and cloth diaper and often leave them soaking there for a few hours.  It is so filthy in the kids' bathroom.  Thank goodness we rarely have visitors and our parents already know I'm a slob.

• imagemarionravenwood:
    I feel terrible about this. I went off my no dairy diet last weekend (one lousy cupcake) so of course DD's reflux is back with a vengeance this week.  she's barely napped, is up about 5 times at night, sometimes more, and screams--not crying, but literally screams like someone is pulling her toe nails out.  So once she started screaming on my lap and I just sat there and starred at her for 5 minutes because I was literally out of ideas.  Then once I just put her in her crib wide awake and put her projector and white noise machine on because I had to pump--just left her there for 20 minutes and she surpringly fell asleep.  Then two night ago when I had literally been awake with her by myself for 30 hours I lost my temper.  I didn't yell at her, but I was terse and my voice was elevated and irritated--and I might have sworn a few times.  I know they are good at reading emotions and tone so I feel bad--especially when she gave me a cute gummy grin an hour later.  Ugh I feel like I'm screwing her up for life already....

This has totally happened to me once, too. I got angry and terse, then in no time, baby is grinning at me like, "Oh, it's mama! I love you!" Annnd then I felt like a horrible person. You are so not alone!  

My FFFC: It's an accomplishment when LO will sleep anywhere by on me or snuggled up next to me side-lying... but when he does, I am torn between triumph and missing him. I get so emotional when I think about how he won't be a baby forever.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemarionravenwood:
    Then two night ago when I had literally been awake with her by myself for 30 hours I lost my temper.  I didn't yell at her, but I was terse and my voice was elevated and irritated--and I might have sworn a few times.  I know they are good at reading emotions and tone so I feel bad--especially when she gave me a cute gummy grin an hour later.  Ugh I feel like I'm screwing her up for life already....

Second confession: I swear at my poor kid all the time when he fusses. Usually in song form, though. Sometimes by singing "please stop this flucking madness" in a very loud sing song-y voice. Yeah, my frustration level can be heard by how many things I make songs out of, lol. The sad part....it works. And if I happen to stub my toe and let out a stream of expletives he belly laughs. I'm in trouble when he starts saying words, because I curse like a drunken old sailor  >_<

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I did not participate in bath time tonight...I needed a break. Which is awful because my LO has been delightful all day - all week, in fact. I just wanted some time where I knew I should be helping but took the option not to. Ugh...I'm awful.

• imagePuck1182:
    imageDrea926:
    Uhh... I've already watched a couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock with DD. It's not like I plop her in front of the tv and then do my own thing. It's a very active experience for us, I sing along with the songs and dance with her while it's on. She gets a kick out of it when I make her clap along with the theme song! I'm planning to limit it to an episode or two each week, but I really want her to love Jim Henson as much as I do, and what better way than Fraggle music??

i love Fraggle Rock!  Is it still on?! 

• imagekdanis80:

imagePuck1182:
    imageDrea926:

i love Fraggle Rock! &nbsp;Is it still on?!&nbsp;

No clue, I have it on DVD. I know at some point it was also on Netflix, but I think they may have taken it off. I feel like it might be on HUB? But we ditched our cable for AppleTV last fall, so I can't say for sure.

• They've been running commercials about it on HUB but I think it's on at the a$$crack of dawn. I have it on DVD, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"