September 2013 Moms

feel like I jumped the gun

I called my doc today and made an appointment for this afternoon. As usual when I do that, I'm feeling like I should suck it up and cancel. here's why I called:

since Monday, I've had migraine pain every day but Wednesday. of course, Wednesday was my check up. I mentioned the headaches, but she didn't seem concerned. Yesterday, it became the worst migraine pain I've had in years. I literally couldn't see straight, I was nauseous, weak, sore, and unable to eat. I have a prescription for Percocet and took two yesterday. one in the morning and one with lunch. neither one even slightly slowed down my pain. I went home and slept all evening and all night. today, I called because I'm still nauseous and still have a lingering headache although it's not as bad as yesterday. She said I could come in at 230. I feel a teeny bit better, and feel silly for calling. do you think I should keep the appt anyway?
BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.

Re: feel like I jumped the gun

• DFico21DFico21 member
    Yes, keep the appointment.  As you know migraines can come and go for over a week.  That type of pain is unbearable and you want to be sure it's not something else. 
  • mello13mello13 member
    I would keep the appointment. If you end up feeling fine afterward there was really no harm done. But if you cancel and still feel wretched you'll have to wait until Tuesday to even have the chance of being seen given that it's a holiday weekend.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemello13:
    I would keep the appointment. If you end up feeling fine afterward there was really no harm done. But if you cancel and still feel wretched you'll have to wait until Tuesday to even have the chance of being seen given that it's a holiday weekend.

that's true too. I'll keep it and see what he says today. hopefully it's nothing major. It's just been a rough week physically.
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • I had horribles headaches that would last for days go awy for one and one back again. Here I ended up having a bad sinus infection. Keep the appointment and good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So I kept the appt, still have headache today and nausea. Drove 30 minutes to doc office, and she says ' oh honey he's still in surgery' with a tone of why are you here? She said ' he MIGHT be back in 45 minutes'. I just said then I have to go back to work. She says ' so you're canceling your appt? ' what? do I have another choice seeing as there is no doctor here?

so now I'm back at work, feeling sick and hurting, and crying because my hormones translate frustration into tears. ugh. what a week.
  • I would just keep the appointment. She may have no advice for you but it doesn't hurt to see what she has to say.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"