November 2012 Moms
Options

Ear infections

So I'm a little frustrated with my doctor's office. I called there, but the nurses were not helpful.

LO has been pulling and swatting at his ear from time to time, but it is not red, there's nothing oozing out of it, he doesn't have a fever, and he doesn't seem in pain. When should I consider taking him to the doctor's office for an ear infection? The nurse just said, "If you suspect it, you should bring him in," but what would you ladies do?

Re: Ear infections

• Options
    kbl13kbl13 member

B plays with his ear when he's tired and I've noticed that he tugs on it a little when his teeth are bothering him. If I suspected that it might be an ear infection, I'd prob get him checked out... but then again, I'm a total worrier 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I agree with PP, my DD pulls her ear when she's tired as well and when she is teething. But if you are concerned, it wouldn't hurt to have it checked. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

D is constantly pulling on his ears, especially when he is overly tired and trying to fall asleep.

Our pedi said as long as there is not a fever it is ok. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My LO had an ear infection with no. Fevers. Sometimes picking him up or layin him down he would jerk with his arms out like trying to stop a fall. Plus the playing with his ears. 

Has he been a lil cranky? 

if your worried take him, better safe than sorry.  Hope all is well with your LO.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just keep checking LO ear for 'ooze'. As soon as you see it take LO in. His pedi told me that the ooze was a normal reaction to his ears working as they should.

Zane had an ear infection 2 weeks ago. He pulls on his ear when tired or exploring his face/head. It is a habit to check the dog's ears and eye in the mornings, so I just happened to check LO that day.  

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't take LO in. Hallie recently had one and our doc said lots of pedis don't even treat ear infections anymore. We waited it out and it was resolved in a few days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"