April 2013 Moms

Mama chop

Yesterday, I was a cliche. I got about six inches cut off my hair! I love my new long bob, but wouldn't you know it, my mil says "at leat it will grow back." Bold words to a sleep deprived woman brimming with crazy hormones.

Who else has gotten a big hair cut?

I realize this post really needs a picture, but I have not yet mastered tinypic on my phone.

Re: Mama chop

• No haircut here, but how rude! Better shorter and maintained than long and unkept like mine! I'm sure it's cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Please post a pic! I'm SO tired of my sad ponytail that I wear everyday, but not brave enough yet to cut it. i need something more low maintenance that wont be so time consuming to dry and style. But at other times I love the length to curl. Torn!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good job! I bet you feel great with a fresh, new haircut. I've had chin length hair for a few years and I love it.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No haircut yet, but I really need one. I did get a little over 10 inches cut while I was pregnant. I used to grow my hair out for about two years then chop it and donate it. I did that 5-6 times. I love the feeling right after I've chopped it. It feels so light! 

• i actually did chop my hair last Monday.  I went from below-the-shoulders, dark brown and curly to a veeeery short pixie-cut like Halle Berry, Alyssa Milano and Emma Watson. If I can figure it out, I'll post a pic. 

I always encourage short hair! Good for you :)  I go through cycles: nice, long cutly hair throughout the winter, then I chop it just about every summer.  It's sort of liberating...somehow.  I mean, it's just hair :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • momma82momma82 member
    Funny! I Got 10In Chopped Yesterday! Feel good About The Donation And Love The Short Hair!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • none5none5 member
    Chopped mine off last week. It was taking too long to dry and not looking very cute. I am much happier now! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageblueandgray:
    Please post a pic! I'm SO tired of my sad ponytail that I wear everyday, but not brave enough yet to cut it. i need something more low maintenance that wont be so time consuming to dry and style. But at other times I love the length to curl. Torn!

This is me. My hair has been out of a pony MAYBE 12 hours since she was born. I feel like I'm gonna have a perm ponytail holder indent soon.

• evertzevertz member

I cut off 11 inches the week I was due and donated it to locks of love. I couldn't be happier!! I was so thrilled to have easily manageable hair while I was at the hospital. And even now it takes less time to clean, it looks healthier, etc..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • asuchicasuchic member

I'm definitely due for a cut, but what I really need is an eyebrow wax.  Yikes!

Don't you love it when MILs make passive-aggressive remarks like that? :)

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet baby Liam Paul!
    imageimage
    My photo blog Baby Makes Three
  • I just got a post birth hair makeover today. Not a big difference really, but got it colored closer to my natural color with lighter highlights. I've never had subtle highlights before. For a while a few years ago, before I was even married, I had chunky light blonde highlights on dark brown hair. Now the highlights are much more conservative, subtle, so I guess that's more mother-ish?
  • lol I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow!  It'll definitely be quite a few inches too.  Tired of it being in my face and tired of Ethan yanking it out!  Can't wait to get it cut!  DH can't either because he keeps rolling into a pile of hair at night.

Rude MIL's can suck it.

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"