April 2013 Moms

How long is your MOTN routine?!

Mobile: how long is your MOTN routine??

I feel like mine takes way too lone normally about an hour... I'll get her out of her crib, change the diaper and then give her the bottle which normally only takes 20 mins or so total. But then by the time I rock her, re Miracle blanket her up, and make sure she is totally asleep, that's , a lit of times, another 2030 mins. I guess I figure is rather keep rocking her to make sure she's out cold, than put her down and have to start the whole process over again...

So, what is your routine? How long does it typically take?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long is your MOTN routine?!

• I'm pretty lucky bc LO settles down quickly at nite and has done so from the beginning. Our routine from bottle to changing, swaddling and returning to bassinet is approx 30 minutes.
  • I would say about an hour as well. Right now it is 5:40 and I am trying to rick him back to sleep and I started the process at 5. He did have a 10 min. Gas/poop fussing fit which delayed things as well. And, he has reflux so I can't put him flat for a while after feeding either.
    Wtih my first I remember MOTN feedings being much faster. I would change her diaper she would pass out eating and I would lay her back in the crib and that would be the end of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine takes over an hour at times, but an hour is pretty average for us. If I don't hold DS for a while before I put him down he wakes right up.
  • Diaper, swaddle, nurse, back to bed. Overall it usually takes about 45 minutes total.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine can be 30 minutes or 60, just depends on if lo passes out on the boob or needs to be snuggled to sleep.
  • 4560 mins. Nurse one side 15 mins, burp, change diaper to rewake her, nurse other side 15 mins, burp, reswaddle, and pat or cuddle back to a fairly deep sleep so that when I lay her back in the pnp in our room, she's not making tons of restless noises keeping us all awake as she settles back to sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bad mom alert I don't change the diaper during the night if it's only wet. Slather on Desitin before putting her to bed.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nurse one side, change, re swaddle, nurse to sleep on the other side, hold/rock/ cuddle for a while so he doesn't wake up when I put him down. Usually takes about 45 minutes unless he doesn't want to sleep.

• I think I am the odd one out. I pull LO into bed with us and nurse him while lying down. Usually we both fall asleep like this although it takes a while to get him latched properly. He usually sleeps in our bed the rest of he night although sometime DH moves him back to the RnP. So it is only maybe a 20 min interruption in my sleep.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It seems like everyone's routine is fairly similar. I was super lucky for the 4am wake up this morning: nurse for 10-15 minutes, gently burp, change diaper, back into the bassinet next to our bed.  I tried something new last night- not undoing baby's Woombie and letting him nurse in it.  It worked perfectly because he was awake enough to nurse, but didn't stir at all when I unzippered from the bottom to change him. 

Whole routine was about 20 minutes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• About a hr with LO. Feed for 20 to 30 min, change and reswaddle, offer other breast, sometime shell eat another 10 min. Rock back to sleep.

Sadly I then have to pump thanks to evening supply issues.

• LO usually STTN but when he does wake up if he does I change his diaper, feed him and he usually falls back asleep by the end. Entire thing is about 20-30 minutes

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Nurse, change, re-swaddle- that takes about 40 minutes. But then she's up in the middle of the night EVERY night for usually about 1.5-2 hours. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• About an hour here as well. I am also willing to take that extra few minutes of rocking her to make sure she is asleep before I lay her down. Otherwise we are up for easily another half hour.
  • 30 to 60 minutes.. Depending on the night.
    CafeMom Tickers

• I do dream feeds for MOTN feeds. I nurse her side lying for anywhere from 20 to 45 mins. I close my eyes and rest through the dream feeds and then fall back asleep when she pops off the boob.
  • evertzevertz member
    Our routine is about 30 minutes. DH gets up and changes baby's diaper and gives him his vitamins while I get in position with the boppy. I feed baby which takes about 20 minutes. Then, we use the rock and play in our bedroom so I just set him there swaddled even if he's not totally asleep. He usually goes to sleep on his own but if he fusses I rock the RnP a little and it usually zonks him out. We also turn on a white noise machine (with a timer) if he's having trouble going back to sleep.
  • We diaper, nurse, swaddle, and put back down in bassinet. 20 min usually, 30 min max. 
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • imagercantor:
    Bad mom alert I don't change the diaper during the night if it's only wet. Slather on Desitin before putting her to bed.

Neither do I, not even for a poop if I'm giving her a dream feed. I make sure her buns are buttered in organic coconut oil for it's antibacterial properties and as a lubricant barrier.
  • On a good night when he goes back to sleep right away, 45 min. On a bad night an hour and a half, if he isn't asleep before two he wants to eat again but that hardly happens anymore. 

Make the bottle and set everything I need on recliner, including remote and nook when he is fussing and waking up. Pick him up and quickly change diaper. Swaddle him loosely. Feed and I burp him a lot because of reflux. Fix his swaddle tighter. Give him binkie if he's still awake. Rock him 15 or until asleep good, put down. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 2 minutes. I change her diaper, re swaddle her, and bring her back to bed with me to nurse her.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imagebdcram:
    Routine: pick him up from crib, change diaper, BF for like 10 minutes, burp, swaddle, put back in crib. nbsp;It takes like 20 minutes max.

This for me as well minus the burp. I can't imagine it taking an hour every time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Ours is 30-60 mins, depending on how much LO wants to eat and how quickly she falls asleep.  She usually goes down around 10:30-11, wakes up at 2ish, feeds for 10-15 mins, then falls asleep nursing.  Then I change her, which usually wakes her up enough to feed for another 10-15 minutes.  Then I re-swaddle her, and put her back down in her bassinet.  If this works, the routine takes about 45 minutes, less if she eats only once, and more if she eats longer or refuses to go down on her own.  She wakes up again around 5 or 6 and we do the whole thing again.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Almost an hour
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imagelovelyday39:
    I'm pretty lucky bc LO settles down quickly at nite and has done so from the beginning. Our routine from bottle to changing, swaddling and returning to bassinet is approx 30 minutes.
  • imagelovelyday39:
    I'm pretty lucky bc LO settles down quickly at nite and has done so from the beginning. Our routine from bottle to changing, swaddling and returning to bassinet is approx 30 minutes.

This.  LO wakes up, gets a diaper change, and then eats for 15-20 mins, and then is put back in her pnp.  She hates to be swaddled, so we've found sleepers work best.  On a long night it's 30 mins.

• 45-60 minutes depending how long it takes her to fall back asleep. It wouldn't take as long if it weren't for her acid reflux. Change diaper, bottle feed about halfway, burp and take a little intermission, feed rest of bottle, burp, hold her upright for around 15 minutes, then back in her cradle if she's sleepy/asleep. If not, I might keep rocking her, or put her in the bed with me and soothe her with the paci until she falls asleep.
  • 35min :D I feed both babies, change them, and put them back to sleep while they're awake...they don't cry...they just end up falling asleep after laying there a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Officially jealous of all you 30 mins and under mommas... Maybe one day

But, at least my 45min to an hour doesn't seem so out of the norm. Misery loves company!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I make the bottle when he starts squirming (I'm a really light sleeper), pick him up and feed him an ounce or so so he doesn't cry, change him, feed him the rest of the bottle and once he's done he's usually fighting his sleep already. By the time I put him back down it has been 20-30 min. 
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebdcram:
    Routine: pick him up from crib, change diaper, BF for like 10 minutes, burp, swaddle, put back in crib.  It takes like 20 minutes max.

This is us almost exactly. DS is still in a bassinet beside my bed... and  he doesn't like to be swaddled.  He sleeps with both arms up over his head, lol.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"