Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Crying after being home

We just got home from the hospital today.  Very happy to be home.  But I find myself crying uncontrollable a few times today for no reason.  I can somewhat contribute it to our LO's constant spitting up and the worry something is wrong.  Otherwise Im not sure what it is.  Were seeing our doctor on sat for her spitting up and regular check up.  But have you ladies felt the blues when you arrived home?
TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog

Re: Crying after being home

• Could be PPD, or just the realization that you are a parent ;)

Talk with your Doc, and keep an eye on it. With all the hormones, the newness of a tiny little human, and the experience you went through, it can be pretty common to be a hot mess. 

I cried all the time after DD2. I cried because DH didn't put the ketchup away. I cried because I had to bathe. I cried because my LO cried, which only made her crying worse.  The first few weeks (sometimes months) are hard emotionally!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Being a new parent is overwhelming in many ways and you have sooooo many hormones racing right now.  See how the next few days go as you settle in but be sure to call your OB if it continues.  Hang in there Mama!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • nycnolanycnola member
    I, and pretty much every new mom I know, spent the first couple weeks crying. Unless it lasts more than two weeks, like PPs already said, it's super normal. I bet you're doing great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just got home yesterday and I have already had a few meltdowns. I'm going to say its pretty normal!
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep, I cried quite a bit in the first few weeks to month or so. Being a parent to a brand new baby is hard! And you have lots of hormone craziness going on. I would go from feeling emotionally great to sobbing several times in a day. Hopefully it is a passing phase for you.

Oh, and CONGRATS!

• KMac570KMac570 member
    I cried a lot during those first couple of weeks too.  I just felt so overwhelmed.  Sleep deprivation played a role, as did raging hormones.  It is completely normal.  As others have said, just keep an eye on it and talk to your OB if it lasts for more than a few weeks.  Hang in there, it does get easier!
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • I would do the same.  One night my husband said something I found funny, and instead of laughing, I burst into tears.  Hormones are no joke. 

It usually lasts 1-2 weeks and is hormonal, usually associated with your milk coming in.  Give it a little time and try to find the humor in it, but it will pass!

• I cried multiple times daily for 2-3 weeks. Didn't matter who was around or what was going on. There was no stopping the tears. Those hormones are really powerful. Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Almost 6 weeks PP here and I still cry at least once a day though now I think some of it is sleep deprivation. I'm not a crying person so the first few weeks when I cried several times s day were really weird. Mostly it's just normal PP hormones but just be on the lookout for signs of PPD to be safe.

• It's hard, mama.  I cried, like clockwork, the first 2 weeks home around 4pm (we spent the first week in the hospital due to csection). I'd feel very anxious and start being frantic; I had to give her to my husband when he came home and go for a walk to calm down.  It slowly subsided, but it was scary for awhile because I hadn't realized how real these "blues" would be.

I still randomly get sad on how hard this all is, but she's made it almost 3 months even with the reflux, and so far so good!

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"