April 2013 Moms

Lactation cookies

So if one is good for my supply, 25 must be really good right? Just kidding. Kind of. They are tasty. Can you freeze the cookie dough or cookies? I'd love to make a couple batches before I go back to work to have for snacks. I usually cook or bake for consumption rather than extra for freezing, so not sure what works best.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lactation cookies

• Yes you can freeze dough and cookies
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • When I freeze cookies, I make the dough into little balls so when I take it out I can just put it right on the cookie sheets and bake.  I find that already baked cookies can be crumbly after being thawed so I prefer to bake them "fresh" from the frozen dough.
  • Loading the player...
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    Yes! Freeze for sure!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • I made a huge batch and baked them all on the same day, so I ended up freezing almost all of them. I was skeptical that they would taste okay after being frozen, but they are just as delicious thawed as the day I baked them :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ecahillecahill member
    I may have missed this somewhere but can someone post the recipe? Thanks!
  • Yes, please post your recipe if you like your cookies and think they have helped!! =]
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kate_CKate_C member

1 c butter

1cup sugar & 1 cup brown sugar

4 tbsp water

2 tbsp flax seed meal

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

2 tbsp brewers yeast (dietary supplement, not a baking yeast)

3 cups whole/old fashioned oats (not quick oats) 

1cup chocolate chips (or raisins, nuts, craisins, etc.)

mix flaxseed with water and set aside 5 minutes.  Cream butter and sugar and add eggs, vanilla, flaxseed mix. Add dry ingredients.  Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes.

Note recipe is high in fiber and may affect your system accordingly... But they are good! 

• Has anyone tried making a non dairy version? Our pediatrician put me on a non dairy diet because LO was having lactose issues but I would love to make these.
  • I made these too, but I used chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and Heath toffee bits. Yum!

To PP re lactose, there is no lactose in butter. Lactose is milk sugar, so you can look at the nutritional panel on dairy products; if there's no sugar, there's no lactose. I had to avoid lactose for many years as well. Instead of using chocolate chips, you could use the craisins. Another option might be cacao nibs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"