March 2013 Moms

These are my confessions...

I was listening to Pop2K this morning and Usher came on. Obviously I'm not going to knock a girl up but I did bump LO's head on a door the first week. I was not use to adding that extra foot in front of me (I constantly ran my stomach into things not surprisingly!). He was fine and I cried for 30 minutes. I also took DS into a liquor store this past weekend. I needed to buy some cheap liquor for a bachelorette party and just wanted to get all my errands done while I was in town. These are my confessions..

What are your confessions after the first two months with LO?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: These are my confessions...

• I live in a very small town. I was home alone with DS one day and needed to run to the post office. I left him in the car alone for a minute while I ran into the post office to grab our mail. I felt like a bad mommy!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use gestational diabetes to get my hubby to by me treats that I want now.   "Babe, I didn't have choclate while I was pregnant for 5 months....yeah, 5....  please go get me a cream cheese brownie." 

GD wasn't fun but it also wasn't that huge of a deal.  But hubby must think that I was tortured because he brings me sweets all the time now to make up for my preggo cravings that I couldn't act on.  sucker.  Wink

• Loading the player...
  • MIL gets DD ugly clothes. She asks me all the time if DD can wear something that she bought. She lives in CA and I'm in IL. I put DD in one of her outfits take a pic to send her then change her...

In my defense I tell her all the time not to buy DD clothes because she has a TON! And that is true. But she continues to buy things and mail them.
  • My confessions..... I've left LO on the bed to nap made a bumper out of pillows so I could leave the room. I trained DH without him knowing that all evening diaper changes during the week are his responsibility since I did "so effing many!" during the day lol
  • imageSPIJaimie:

I was listening to Pop2K this morning and Usher came on. Obviously I'm not going to knock a girl up but I did bump LO's head on a door the first week. I was not use to adding that extra foot in front of me (I constantly ran my stomach into things not surprisingly!). He was fine and I cried for 30 minutes. I also took DS into a liquor store this past weekend. I needed to buy some cheap liquor for a bachelorette party and just wanted to get all my errands done while I was in town. These are my confessions..

What are your confessions after the first two months with LO?

Is this bad? My LO has been in the liquor store several times already. It is within walking distance of our house and it is a really nice walk there. Plus, mama needs her wine at the end of a long day!

My confession: I don't change my LO's diaper in the middle of the night when he wakes to eat. I just put him in a larger cloth diaper and an extra very absorbent insert in. I figure if other babies his age can STTN and not need a diaper change, why does he? It wakes him all the way up and he often screams!

• I will turn her bouncer to face the TV sometimes when I'm making dinner.

also, I still don't know the "tired" cry from the "hungry" cry from the "I'm bored" cry. All I hear is crying still and just go through the process of elimination when she cries.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imageVPGIRL06:
    I will turn her bouncer to face the TV sometimes when I'm making dinner. nbsp;also, I still don't know the "tired" cry from the "hungry" cry from the "I'm bored" cry. All I hear is crying still and just go through the process of elimination when she cries.

I can't seperate the cries either!!! They all sound "tired" to me...... maybe cause I'm tired lol
  • I put DD in her swing and turn the light on the 55 gallon  fish tank bc she finds the fish tank fascinating and it entertains her long enough to get dinner made or some chores done.

I make one 4oz bottle about 11pm right before I go to bed bc I know DD will be waking up at 3am like clockwork for her MOTN feeding and she will eat every oz.

Guilty, but she is happy and thriving!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can we do these weekly? They are waaaaay better than how much weight have you lost?

Confession: Two kids are a lot at times... iit's a twenty four hour job and going to the bathroom by myself seems like such a luxury. I wish I knew how easy I had it when I only had one. Don't get me wrong, I love both of my girls more than I can explain... it's just challenging to say the least.
  • Another confession-I sometimes still cry over how hard this all is, even almost 11 weeks in. I feel like this is all  hard, even though she STTN, is happy and content most of the time (never had colic) and is thriving.  I still wonder when it will get better, even though I'm doing everything I can to look at the bright side of things and I know I have no reason to complain because other people have it way harder than I do.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • egb+jafegb+jaf member
    I love this!

My confession is that my daughter won't fall asleep without a light blanket over her face unless she's meltdown mode overtired and I let her as long as I'm holding her or laying with her.

Idk if its blocking the light or what but I'm starting to think she just likes light pressure on her face because she'll cover her face with both her hands, too. It's just a tad scary now that she's grabbing and pulling because she'll practically try to smother herself pulling the cover over herself. Buts its freakish cute though and I'm always there to make sure she can breathe.
  • When DS was about 3 weeks old my husband and I thought what we were experiencing was DS's "witching hour"...he was inconsolable, wouldn't take the pacifier, had been changed, couldn't be rocked to sleep, wouldn't drink the milk. This lasted for about 2 hours at bedtime...turns out the nipple on the bottle was clogged with formula powder. The milk wouldn't come out. The only way we found out was I had DH make new milk in that same bottle and I asked him to test the warmth on his wrist. NOTHING FREAKING CAME OUT!

And to make it worse...this had happened the night prior so he went to sleep without his before bed feeding. No wonder he woke 45 min later crying. Luckily we prep 3 bottles for the night so the second bottle actually worked correctly.

When I figured this out I wanted to vomit with guilt. Needless to say we ALWAYS double check the nipple when we make the bottles now.

• This is a fun thread!

I also wait until DH comes home for a diaper change. On DH's night's off work I will sometimes pretend to be sleeping if DD wakes in the MOTN so that DH has to get up! He works nights, so when he's home I prefer to stay in bed as long as possible! 

• HML5382HML5382 member

This is a great thread :)

If the holders on the changing table are empty, I leave DD2 on the changing pad and run to the closet to grab wipes/diaper refills. I know she can't roll yet, but I still feel guilty when I do it!

I have a secret bag of Hershey's Kisses that DH and DD1 don't know about. If DD1 catches me eating one and asks what it is I tell her an almond because she doesn't like them. 

• AnneleaAnnelea member

When LO was just a few weeks old I needed to go to the bathroom but was too lazy to go put him in his bed so I opened up the dirty clothes hamper and layed him on top  of the clothes!

I have also checked on LO and saw he was awake and getting ready to scream so I then decide the dogs need to go out so DH gets to deal with LO and I can get a few  minutes of peace!

• I totally just accIdentally poked my baby boy in the eye.  I was playfully bopping him on the nose with my finger and he moved his head.  Oops. 
  • Kota26Kota26 member

imagehoku82:
    I totally just accIdentally poked my baby boy in the eye.  I was playfully bopping him on the nose with my finger and he moved his head.  Oops. 

I poked my baby in the eye with the nosafrida this morning! He was not phased at all, but I felt like a terrible mother. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bumped DDs head on a wall when I was trying to squat down to pick up a package while holding her. 

I don't know any lullabies so I sing Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber songs to her.

Today DH and I were stuck in horrendous traffic and DD was screaming in her carseat so I climbed into the back, took her out and fed her while we crawled along.  In my defense, I tried feeding her in the carseat but the angle wasn't working with the bottle.  Also we really were crawling.  We went maybe a mile in 40 minutes.

• I like these too! We should definitely do them weekly. Other boards call them FFFC for Flame free Friday Confessionals, I believe!

I have also pretended I was sleeping a few times so that DH would get up to feed and change LO in the MOTN. Lol I think he was doing the same thing for a while so I don't feel that bad.

Also, while many people say you can't spoil a baby, I think I've created a monster. My LO will nap throughout the day in his swing and sometimes his bouncer and will only sleep in the bassinet of his playard for short periods of time at night...so I often let him sleep in my arms. And now it's difficult to break that habit. Umm...oops!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I love this!

I'm going to have to try pretending to sleep sometime to get dh up and helping!

I was changing my Lo and didn't get the diaper on fast enough. I looked away, and when I looked back he was peeing on his face. He looked confused, and I felt terrible.

I watch shows that I like while holding my Lo. I haven't even tried putting something on for babies yet because i'm not ready for that commitment yet.
  • I feel like I spend half of the day watching TV shows while holding Ella. She either sleeps, eats, or gets played with while I catch up on my Real Housewives, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, 19 Kids and Counting, or whatever other stupid stuff I'm into at the moment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • DH and I did not wait the 6 weeks my Dr recommended post C-section - we didn't even make it 3 weeks! At my 6 week check-up she asked me point blank if we had resumed intercourse, and I lied to her face and said no :)

My 6 yr old asked if she could watch American Dad on Netflix. I asked what kind of show it was, she said cartoon, I said "sure" since I was busy nursing Gwen. I had no idea it was a Family Guy type cartoon! Definitely NOT what I want my kids watching....

• imagevmihelci:
    I feel like I spend half of the day watching TV shows while holding Ella. She either sleeps, eats, or gets played with while I catch up on my Real Housewives, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, 19 Kids and Counting, or whatever other stupid stuff I'm into at the moment.

Me too! Lol
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Sometimes if I feel lazy or want DH to take LO, I will tell him I'm too tired. He will argue that I shouldn't be So I tell him my body is technically still recovering so I get tired more. Although i am clearly fine and LO is 12 weeks so who knows how long I can make it last.

I have bumped her head on the fridge and dropped my cell phone on her 2x while texting. None of it phased her.

I'm secretly extremely nervous of being home with her again after next week. I'm done with school on the 31st. I'm afraid she will scream all day sometimes like when she was 6 weeks old.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Love this!!

I let dd2 sleep on her tummy, like all the time. That's the only way she'll sleep, she startles herself awake on her back and refuses to be swaddled. For the record, she can lift and turn her head, so I don't feel too bad.

I also am always 'running late' to work so dh has to take both girls to school and daycare. I still get sad taking the baby to daycare, so I don't want to.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I definitely bumped her head on my sliding door.  I saved diapers for dh.  She has been in a restaurant/bar a couple of times already (they have awesome food and we sit at a table not the bar) 

There were night where I took longer making the 2 am or 4 am bottle just so she would wake my dh up too.  He doesn't go to work until 3 and it aggravated me that I would wake up from the slightest sound she made and he would still be drooling away!

My poor dog got the brunt of my exhaustion during the first few weeks.  That poor dog got yelled at for breathing at that point.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageVPGIRL06:
    Another confessionI sometimes still cry over how hard this all is, even almost 11 weeks in. I feel like this is allnbsp; hard, even though she STTN, is happy and content most of the time never had colic and is thriving.nbsp; I still wonder when it will get better, even though I'm doing everything I can to look at the bright side of things and I know I have no reason to complain because other people have it way harder than I do.

Me too! DH can't wait to get the old me back...
    Also, when DD was two weeks old she fell asleep on me while i was laying on my recliner and I fell asleep as well. I was so tired that I did not feel her start to roll off my chest. She landed beside the chair face first and started screaming. She was fine it was only a foot drop but it scared me so much that I refuse to let myself fall asleep unless she has a blanket on and my arms "pin" her in.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• My LO wants to be held all damn day. So that means eating one handed. I drop food all over this kid! I found chocolate smeared all over his cheek, crumbs in his little neck rolls, and an entire spaghetti noodle inside his swaddle blanket. 
  • imageegb+jaf:
    I love this! My confession is that my daughter won't fall asleep without a light blanket over her face unless she's meltdown mode overtired and I let her as long as I'm holding her or laying with her. Idk if its blocking the light or what but I'm starting to think she just likes light pressure on her face because she'll cover her face with both her hands, too. It's just a tad scary now that she's grabbing and pulling because she'll practically try to smother herself pulling the cover over herself. Buts its freakish cute though and I'm always there to make sure she can breathe.

DD2 was like this too! We got the Aden and Anais Issie security blanket for her. They are small and super light weight. She still carries it everywhere and sleeps with it over her face.

Edit: I forgot my confession... I give DD2 my Ipad more often then I would like to admit to so I can tend to DD3.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • While nursing my son, I've dropped quite a bit of food on him while I was eating. Whoops!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"