February 2013 Moms

S/O sleep and curious..

My poor boy got a whopping 1 and a half hours of sleep today over 3 naps. They can't swaddle at school and he doesn't love the swing so he barely sleeps. He is so tired by the time we get home!

Just curious... when you all say they are STTN now do you mean the general 5 hour definition or are we talking you don't get out of bed all night? Wondering...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O sleep and curious..

• LO goes to bed at 6:30/7:00 and wakes once during the night for a feed. 

She wakes up at anytime between 12 and 2 and I don't expect that she will cut this feed out anytime soon. I'm just happy it's only one! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our little girl goes to sleep between 10 and 11 pm and wakes up 7-9.5 hours later most nights, then I feed her and she sleeps a bit more.  Occasionally she wakes up around 3am and I change and feed her and she's back to sleep.  She doesn't nap much during the day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • STTN for me is not getting out of bed after I put her down. I did not count 5 hours as STTN :) Some do! My LO sleeps from 7:30-7:30. No tips on how to help them do it...she was seriously getting up every 2 hours the night before, and one night she just decided to sleep 12 wonderful hours...this has happened since late last week, so hoping it lasts!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~I have a baby in heaven 3-20-12~
  • We are no where close to DS2 STTN legit - 5-6 hrs, yes -- but all night, not a chance.

ETA: DS1 didn't STTN legit until 11 months...so...I might have a long road ahead of me again with DS2!! 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I say she's not STTN because she gets up once to eat anywhere between 3 and 5 am and we both go back to sleep after that.  She does meet the 5 hour definition though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok, I'm not lucky or I'm doing something wrong. My lil guy goes to bed at 7 pm. Then I dream fed at 11pm. He's up at 2-3 for a fed then up for the day at 6. I'm thinking I should stop the dream fed. I have no idea. 
  • Omg! My DS wakes about every 1 to 3 hours at night nowadays, and BARELY sleeps during the day. If I get 5 hours of sleep at night, I dance the happy dance.
  • imageBride-hilda:
    Omg! My DS wakes about every 1 to 3 hours at night nowadays, and BARELY sleeps during the day. If I get 5 hours of sleep at night, I dance the happy dance.

Same here.  Last night we were up at 9:30, 10:30, 2:30, 4:30, and then finally up at 6:30.  I'm bitterly jealous of all of you. I'm pretty sure DH and I will be dead from sleep deprivation within the week. 

• Drea926Drea926 member

Last week DS STTN 4 nights, and this week 3 nights. He goes down between 7-7:30 and sleeps until about 5:30. Kind of an early wake up time, but yesterday I did get him to go back to sleep for an hour and half...but then no long nap so it was a trade off I guess. :P On the days he doesn't STTN he usually wakes once. Last night he woke at 2:30 to eat. A few weeks ago I would have obsessed over this and been like, "Why is he waking up again?!" I'm learning now to just go with it, and really enjoy the nights when he sleeps! I figure if he can do it a couple nights a week, we will get there eventually!

We've had a solid bed time routine from really early on and I've been using the same "sleep cues" for all sleep....but honestly, I think it's him and we just got lucky! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageericalee27:

We are no where close to DS2 STTN legit - 5-6 hrs, yes -- but all night, not a chance.

ETA: DS1 didn't STTN legit until 11 months...so...I might have a long road ahead of me again with DS2!! 

This. DD2 occasionally has 5-6 hour stretches. When I was gone for a weekend and DH had her for 3 nights, she slept a 7.5 hour stretch each night. Angry

But then she's up every 2-3 hours, so we have 2-3 nighttime feedings and then the one when she wakes up, often about 6am.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"