Multiples

From 3 to 2 naps?

From 3 to 2 naps?

Hi.  My boys are 7 months old.  They take 3 naps a day.  Most days they go down easily for the first 2, but have been fighting the 3rd.  FTM here, so sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know when to drop the 3rd nap?  I keep the boys on the same schedule, so it's hit or miss which baby doesn't need the 3rd nap on a given day.  And since at least one of them still needs it, I hate to drop it.  But if I have them drop it, will they sleep longer at night and naturally space their 2 day time naps out longer?  TIA

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: From 3 to 2 naps?

• For my two, they always redistributed their sleep when we cut out a nap.  Try pushing the second nap a little later and move bedtime up an hour or so to see if that works for them.
  • imageerinruns:
    For my two, they always redistributed their sleep when we cut out a nap.  Try pushing the second nap a little later and move bedtime up an hour or so to see if that works for them.

Thanks for this insight.  That's what I'm hoping for... longer night sleep with a wake up time later than 5 am.  I'm also hoping around that time that they will drop down to 4 bottles a day (from 5).

Harti09.  I feel your pain.  It's hard when you have a good thing going in terms of schedule and then one day it just changes.  

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • xoexpatxoexpat member
    Sorry this wont be much help but I'm having the same issue too. Once I feel like I get used to their schedule they change it up on me! Mine are 8 months. Currently they wake up around 8 and take two naps usually around 11 and 3. That is a huge generalization as each day changes. DS in particular doesn't like to sleep. Some days he wakes up extra early, around 6, but usually will only stay awake hit an hour before wanting a nap. They both go to bed around 7:30 and wake every few hours :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"