Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Tent camping with LO?

DH and I are taking our 22 mo old son tent camping this weekend.  Overnight temps are expected to be in the low 40's.  How would you dress your child for sleep?  I have a North Face down sleep suit that can be zipped into a sleeping style bag with a hood and arms or leave it as two legs(feet inside).  I was planning on putting him in a fleece sleeper as a first layer.  He doesn't like blankets and won't sleep under it although we'll bring one just in case.  Do you think I need an extra layer under the fleece sleeper?  Am I crazy for going camping with overnight temps at ~40 deg?  Daytime highs should be in the high 50's to mid 60's.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tent camping with LO?

• Options
    imageLalaMama81:

No you aren't crazy. I'd probably put a onesie underneath, but I don't like doing fleece sleepers w/o one. I'm sure you'll be fine otherwise. 

I think that the worst part when you camp is the early AM - it's so chilly, you've just gotten out of the warm, cozy tent and the sun isn't really out to warm you up yet. Just make sure you have a few layers for that time of day.  

Thanks a lot!  That gives me a bit more confidence!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You should check out TalesofaMountainMama.com

She has some great tips! We also like the book Babes in the Woods

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just spent last weekend camping with my 15-month old. Weather conditions were similar. Overnight she wore a fleece sleeper over a onesie and slept in a Kelty Woobie toddler sleeping bag (probably less warm than a down sleep suit), so I think you'll be fine.

Have fun!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AMcLawsAMcLaws member
    We went camping when LO was 10 months old. She also liked to wiggle out of her blankets, so we ended up sleeping with her in between us on our air mattress. Did that for 10 days and did just fine. We're going again in July, though only for 3 nights this time, and we'll probably do the same
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"