2nd Trimester

Gender Hunch/ Wivestales

I am so excited that in a few weeks we will know the gender of our precious little baby... and I am having some patience issues.

I am pretty sure I'm having a girl, from the heart rate to all the wivestales out there (dousing rods, pencil test, ring test, and heart rate) they all say girl. I'm fine with either gender, and am prepared for both a boy and a girl.... but I can't shake the feeling that this little baby is a girl. I've had several dreams about this baby, all indicating girl. 

Have any of you had these same feelings? Where they accurate? I am trying not to set myself up for "disappointment". I just want a healthy baby, but its hard not to listen to my intuition. 

Re: Gender Hunch/ Wivestales

• 50/50 chance they will be correct...

Sometimes mine were, sometimes they weren't.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Most of the OWT's pointed to boy all the way. I had several dreams that it was a little boy, even one where the tech told me it was a boy the week before my a/s. Needless to say I was surprised to find out we are having a little girl. So, she beat OWT's, dreams, and my "gut feeling". So glad. Smile
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • None of those mean anything. You have a 50/50 shot.
  • My gut feeling was girl, and all the prediction calendars/OWT said girl. My mom and DH both thought girl. Guess what? It's a boy. 
  • Just about every OWT said this baby was a boy (carrying low and in front, craving spicy and meaty foods, little morning sickness, etc.) My mom was convinced it was a boy. I was convinced it was a boy. I had dreams the baby was a boy. Guess what? She's 100% girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lol I had a feeling both times and was right. I still had a 50/50 shot. So do you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• There's a 50/50 chance on getting it right. OWT are just that: old wives tales. and btw, the heartbeat is not accurate. everyone thought i was going to have a boy because the heart rate was always in the 110's-to high 120's but she's all girl! good luck finding out soon though
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• My intuition and dreams said girl, but it is a boy.  I am just thrilled to have a healthy baby no matter the sex. :)

• they're old wives tales. they're not accurate. 

I had a feeling mine were b/g twins. I was wrong. b/b 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Every symptom/old wive's tale pointed to a little girl for me.  I also had this strong feeling it was a girl, not to mention countless dreams about little one being a girl.  At my anatomy U/S found out I am having a little boy!! :D Remember it's 50/50.  Good luck! :)
  • Every fiber in my being told me i was having a boy. I dreamt about him every day. Wivestales were all 50/50.
    But...SURPRISE....anatomy scan revealed its a girl. we had no preference and i am just as excited but i wouldnt get your hopes up because you could be setting yourself up for massive disappointment.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The reason I posted was to stop assuming I know what I'm having, and you all have given me the feedback I needed to hear. Thanks for the input.
  • From the beginning everyone, including myself, was saying girl. Then I convinced myself it was a boy because I didn't want to be dissapointed.... It ended up being a little girl. lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I was positive with my DD she was a girl, and most of the OWT pointed to girl with her.

This time around I'm just as sure this baby is a boy. I will fall over in shock if they say it's another girl. Wink Like pp's have said, you have a 50/50 shot of being right.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageroo1oo:
    My gut feeling was girl, and all the prediction calendars/OWT said girl. My mom and DH both thought girl. Guess what? It's a boy.nbsp;

All of this was me too! I was also absolutely convinced I was having a little girl. I would've bet money on it bc my intuition was so strong. Nope! It's a boy!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • imageLuciiLovesHanz:
    The reason I posted was to stop assuming I know what I'm having, and you all have given me the feedback I needed to hear. Thanks for the input.

I also want to mention that I was so convinced that I was having a girl that I was terrified to go to my scan and hear boy bc I didn't want to be disappointed. I was soooo worried I would be upset, but honestly I fell in love with my baby the moment I first saw it and it didn't change when they said its a boy! I was shocked, absolutely, but I was never disappointed or upset! Hopefully it will be the same for you!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • I also had a feeling it was a girl and all, and yes u mean ALL, the OWT said I was having a girl. Went in for an elective US at 15w3d and baby was very clearly a boy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"