November 2012 Moms

Daycare holiday pay

We have kind of a different childcare situation because my friend is a SAHM, and she keeps her two children, plus my LO, plus one more while I work. She normally watches him Monday through Thursday.

Should I pay her for Monday even though it's a holiday? I don't know how holidays are supposed to work. I feel weird asking her. Do daycare places make you pay for holidays?

Re: Daycare holiday pay

• Daycares I have dealt with in the past have all charged for the holiday, even when LO isn't there (because they are closed). 

One place had us pay weekly for childcare, and others had us pay a monthly fee based on a daily rate. They all included any holidays in the final fees. 

ETA: that also includes sick days. If daycare expects your child to be there 4 days, then even if LO is sick, they get paid for 4 days.  

• kbl13kbl13 member
    My mom runs a small, in-home daycare and is only paid for the days that the kids are physically there, so no charge on holidays, sick days, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Our DC lady charges for holidays. It is an in-home. I think that is the usual.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our current daycare charges a weekly rate.  So we pay whether LO is there or not, including sick days and holidays.  

The lady who will watch him starting in June charges hourly, and we won't pay for any time that he isn't there.

• Ours is also in-home and charges  holidays and any scheduled day DD is supposed to be there and isn't. So if we take a week-long vacation she still gets paid. Otherwise she won't hold her spot.
  • Is she a registered in-home daycare? Does she pay taxes on the money he gets?

If yes, then I'd pay holidays, if not, then I wouldn't.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you pay a set rate per week? Or is it hourly or daily? If it's hourly or daily then no. If it's weekly or monthly I'd say yes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"