January 2013 Moms

watching news and holding LO tight..

tearing up watching the news with LO. just heard one of the victims in the OK tornadoes was a 4 month old and another 7 months. i never want to let go of this little guy. hoping all of you, the babies, and your families are safe. cant imagine how devastating that would be. anyone know where i can either donate $ or supplies to?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: watching news and holding LO tight..

• Ugh, that is just so depressing.  I can't imagine, I really can't.
  • jobiannjobiann member

I know, so very sad.

A lot of churches around us are uniting to take supplies, donations down. I'm sure they are in your community as well. The Red Cross is taking monetary donations too.  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • its so horrible.. i just couldnt imagine.... i believe you can donate to the red cross! i also saw that munchkin was doing something on facebook for donations to help kids and babies as well.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrendamndz:
    I personally would go the church or local Org route as I have heard mixed things about how much red Cross truly helps. My close friend works for them and I still feel like this. Not to offend anyone. Just my 2 cents.

We were hit by a tornado 5 years ago and the Red Cross was great. Honestly, sometimes church groups and such that truck in supplies can get in the way and it takes time and man power to sort through donated items. When people donate money it can go more directly to those in need. for us the Red Cross gave people gift/cash cards so we could buy short term supplies or pay for housing and that was very useful. Most people would prefer that legit aid groups give them money so that they can go buy what they need rather than sorting through piles of donated used clothes, etc.

• The Red Cross and the Salvation Army are taking donations at least here in Oklahoma.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"