January 2013 Moms

How old do you say your LO is?

I hope this post makes sense.

My LO was born on January 9th so he'll be 20 weeks next Wednesday. So at that point when people ask how old he is I'll say he's 5 months, I won't wait until June 9th to say he's 5 months...right?

Is this how everyone is aging their LO by weeks or do some go by the day your baby was born?

Is your LO 5 months when he's 20 weeks or the day he was born 5 months later? 

Then there is my ticker says my baby is 4 months and 2 weeks? So confused.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How old do you say your LO is?

• Our tickers go by day of month and I do too most times because people think better in terms of months than in terms of weeks at this point. DS will be 5 months on June 1st. But I sometimes will talk weeks... he turned 20 weeks on Tuesday, or if he's close, like now, and someone asks I'll say 'almost 5 months'.

ETA: DS being a January baby has proven to be confusing to some of my family. My grandmother was saying he was 5 months because it's May now... the 5th month right? My step-mom had to politely explain to her that we started counting at 0, not 1. SMH

• kimmletkimmlet member

I say almost 5 months because he will be on the 25th. For moms with babies I say the weeks. 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Loading the player...
  • I go by the closest half month

IE: if she was 13 weeks I'd say 3 months; if she was 15 weeks and a couple of days I'd say 4 months

She was born Jan 15 so she turned 4 months of May 15; I don't care about weeks and days for that 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • dd was born 12/20....and i've lost track of the weeks, so i go by months...she just turned 5 months on monday, so we say 5 months...next week i'll probably say "she turned 5 months last week" and at 5m2w i'll probaby say 5.5 months, then she'll be 6months next week or so... etc

• holly52holly52 member
    I lost track of the weeks a while ago.  DD was born on January 1st so right now I tell people she will be 5 months on the 1st because it is getting close.  Otherwise I would say she's 5 months, 5 and half months depending on the date of the month.  People don't follow the week thing very good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member

She was born on Dec 17 so I said she's 5 months on May 17. I don't go by weeks. Everyone I know IRL does the same.

ETA: Yes, I'd wait to say he's 5 months until Jun 9. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• EagsEags member
    I go by the months ie 3.5 months, 4 months, etc..
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • I usually round to the closest half month. Right now I say "almost 5 months"

I stopped going by weeks at 12 weeks. 

• I lost track of weeks somewhere around weeks 10 or 12.  I go by months now.  DD just turned 4 months today.  A couple weeks ago I was saying 3 1/2 months, then it was nearly 4 months, etc.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I think I was holding onto the baby stage a little too tightly by counting weeks. I'm making the switch to months from now on, I can't believe my DS is 4 1/2 months already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO was born Jan 7th so the 7th of every month I say he's another month old. Like on June 7th I'll say he's 5 months.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ==N====N== member
    I went by weeks until 12 weeks. Now I count by the actual month. Dd was born 12/17 so she just turned 5 months on 5/17.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • SWOG31SWOG31 member
    My DD was also born on Jan. 9th and until you posted I had no idea how many weeks she was. I've been saying 4 1/2 months, and once we enter June I will say almost 5 months. I don't switch to the next month until the 9th.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • Since only FTMs (usually) go by weeks, I just do months, and it is based on the date. DD was born on Feb 3rd, so she'll be 4 months old on June 3rd. I generally say 2 month, 2 and a half, 3 months, etc.

PS- a month is not 4 weeks, it's like 4 weeks and 2 days or something, so that's why 20 weeks is not 5 months. 

It's also why pregnancy is NINE months, not 10 like the bump pretends it is. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"