Two Under 2

Those with 3+

We are pregnant with our third and trying to figure out what to do with the car situation.  We currently have a Taurus X which is an SUV with a third row.  We are debating upgrading to a mini van or not.  We can fit 3 in the Taurus but a mini van would be easier since we extended rear face.  We also want a car that we can grow into since we see ourselves having a 4th and possibly more after.  What kind of car did you have with your 3rd, 4th?  TIA!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those with 3+

• lkm2006lkm2006 member
    I don't have 3, but we want a large family we are thinking 5 so we bought our car with that in mind.

We have an expedition with bucket seats. The third row is very roomy and the bucket seats will easily allow an older child to get to his seat when needed. They make it in the XL also which has more storage in the back.

• We bought a minivan when I was pregnant with our third, as the vehicle we had at the time would not be able to fit 3 car seats comfortably.  We found a great deal on a Chrysler Town & Country.  It's nothing fancy, but it has been a great minivan for our growing family.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are expecting our third. We bought a Mercury Monterey about 2 months ago. I like that it has sliding doors on both sides that I can open and close with the push of a button. The seats also fold down into the floor when I need more room to haul stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am pregnant with #3 and we are going to buy a Honda Odyssey in a few weeks.  We currently have a Honda Pilot that we love (have had it for 7 years) but we want to have easier access to the third row.  I personally don't want to do three across with carseats.

We have been very happy with Honda and I really like the touring edition of the Odyssey.  Lots of bells and whistles that will distract me from the fact that I am driving a mom-mobile. ;)

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• We have an Expedition and a Suburban and I don't know what we would do without them. We have more than enough room for the kids and carseats and everything that goes along with having kids. I have no problem having all of the seats up and fitting in groceries and a double stroller. With family out of state we drive ALOT so both of these cars are awesome for long distance trips...I can not get over the amount of stuff we have to pack...multiple suitcases, a pack n play, our 90 pound dog,etc. An overhead carrier is another purchase to consider if you need more room for stuff but don't want a bigger car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have three, a four yr old, two yr old and nine month old. We have an Acadia by gmc. We got the option of a second row bucket seats which fit two carseats and the third row fits two carseats and maybe a teenager in the middle. 

I was not opting for a minivan. Many people in my neighborhood buy Honda pilots which has a third row. If you are looking at minivans, the Honda odyssey is the way to go. 

• QmommyQmommy member
    I love my Toyota sienna!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for all the replies ladies! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesweetpea2003:

I am pregnant with #3 and we are going to buy a Honda Odyssey in a few weeks.  We currently have a Honda Pilot that we love (have had it for 7 years) but we want to have easier access to the third row.  I personally don't want to do three across with carseats.

We have been very happy with Honda and I really like the touring edition of the Odyssey.  Lots of bells and whistles that will distract me from the fact that I am driving a mom-mobile. ;)

We have this and I love it! We want 4 kiddos, so the space is worth it for us. I love the way it drives and all the options it has. It's really great for 2U2 as its easy for them and me to get in and out with them. 

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• I have 3 kids and we have the Honda Odyssey Touring.  We love it!  This is our second Odyssey and I love it more than the last.  We have  a 2012 and I love that you can now put a child seat or booster seat in the middle of the second row.  That is where our youngest goes.  Can't say enough good things about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"